• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone GCC owners have a Greatcut alternative (?)

T2

Hey everyone,

Like alot of posts I have read, I recently purchased a GCC Expert 24 LX and being a "computer savy" guy figured I would get the hang of it relatively quick. To my surprise using this cutter and more so the Greatcut software has turned out to be a real pain in the neck. It has to be the least user friendly software on the market with regards to cutting vinyl.

Anyway that is not what this post is about, I was wondering if any other GCC owners/users out there have found a better cutting software for this model that would be easier for a beginner to learn how to use?

Thanks in advance,
Travis

thesignguy1986

Win PC Sign Pro 2014 has GCC drivers and is a vinyl only software but can do everything from distortions to outlines and shadows and such and is very easy to use. It is also only like $200 new. There also from Canada, Montreal I believe. If not I have a copy a couple years old which is same this but made for XP. If that works I could always sell it to you cheap since we do not use it.

T2

Thanks for the replies, in the mean time I had signed up and been using the new Win PC Sign and really like it.

At least for now it is a good start for someone new to the industry and I am picking up on it quickly. I have tried Coral Draw in the past but if you are not a graphics artist it can be a little intimidating or slow to start since it is such a powerful tool. Maybe down the road I will look at getting it or something along those lines but for now I would just like to get a good grasp on what I am doing.

Thanks again for the suggestions, I appreciate it!