• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone going to the Harbor Expo Aug 3?

J

john1

Harbor is having their Expo at their warehouse tomorrow from 10-4. Anyone from the forums here going?

Free food, access to their entire facility and manufacture reps are gonna be there

I'll be there around 1:30pm

:thumb:

J

john1

Awesome, I'm heading down in about a hour and a half. It's about 1 hour away so should be arriving around 1. Harbor said yesterday they have about 400 registered to come already.

Can't wait! Free food, a tour of their facility and manufacture reps!

tbullo

Superunknown
So how was it? I wanted to go but 4.5 hours one way on a Friday was not working for me.
I wish it could have been on a Saturday.

J

john1

It was pretty good, There were 400 people registered on Thursday i heard and was every bit of that there. I am 25 and was the youngest business owner there lol

Pretty cool to meet your reps who take your orders and see their facility which helps run many businesses.

It was hot but well worth it!

tbullo

Superunknown
Harbor is our number 1 supplier. I really wanted to get there and see the operation. We have been using them for a very long time. Almost like family to us. Very nice people to deal with.

threads1

Wow! What an operation. It's always great to go to these things just to be able to find 1 or 2 new items available to sign makers. I really enjoyed talking to the folks in the CNC dept. If your into machinery, it's one heck of a set-up. Well worth the trip to see it all.

CES020

We made it. Sorry we missed you John! Hot as H-LL. Man it was brutal. I think I lost 6 pounds.

That Onsrud router was insane. I've been around a lot of CNC machines in my life and that's the fastest I've ever seen a machine that large move.

Gathered up some good info, talked to some nice people.

What I thought was great was how ALL Harbor employees would just come up to you and start talking. We had a guy walk up to us in the shop and walked around with us for 20 minutes. I asked him what he did and he said he was a delivery driver. No sales rep, no marketing guy, a guy that drives a truck just walked up and started talking to us and walking us around.

We've had some website issues and I went to someone and mentioned it, next thing you know, I'm sitting in the IT guys office, and he's going over it with me, trying to isolate the problem. He took notes of it all and emailed his developer about the issue, giving him all my contact information.

We went because I have felt for a long time that we could buy many more things from them, but we just don't know all the things they carry. Sure enough, I'd see something on a table and say "I didn't know you carried that, where's that on your website", and help me out with it. I'm working up a new order for Monday morning for just a list of things I had no idea they carried but we can use. Also, FREE LED samples. Who does that? I've been to a number of shows and I've never seen them giving LED samples out.

As we were leaving, there was an older man with a cane by the front door that thanked us for coming. Turns out, he was the founder/owner. In his 80's and still comes to work every single day.

Very impressive place, super nice people, but dang, that place is in the middle of no where :)

Kottwitz-Graphics

I wanted to go, but I had other matters that prevented it.

As far as the facility, that place is huge. I have had some stuff routed there, and the lady that runs the router department is super nice. She let me come back and check it out. She gave me some tips as far as my own router (an old gerber)...

J

john1

We made it. Sorry we missed you John! Hot as H-LL. Man it was brutal. I think I lost 6 pounds.

That Onsrud router was insane. I've been around a lot of CNC machines in my life and that's the fastest I've ever seen a machine that large move.

Gathered up some good info, talked to some nice people.

What I thought was great was how ALL Harbor employees would just come up to you and start talking. We had a guy walk up to us in the shop and walked around with us for 20 minutes. I asked him what he did and he said he was a delivery driver. No sales rep, no marketing guy, a guy that drives a truck just walked up and started talking to us and walking us around.

We've had some website issues and I went to someone and mentioned it, next thing you know, I'm sitting in the IT guys office, and he's going over it with me, trying to isolate the problem. He took notes of it all and emailed his developer about the issue, giving him all my contact information.

We went because I have felt for a long time that we could buy many more things from them, but we just don't know all the things they carry. Sure enough, I'd see something on a table and say "I didn't know you carried that, where's that on your website", and help me out with it. I'm working up a new order for Monday morning for just a list of things I had no idea they carried but we can use. Also, FREE LED samples. Who does that? I've been to a number of shows and I've never seen them giving LED samples out.

As we were leaving, there was an older man with a cane by the front door that thanked us for coming. Turns out, he was the founder/owner. In his 80's and still comes to work every single day.

Very impressive place, super nice people, but dang, that place is in the middle of no where :)

Yeah i kept looking around but couldn't spot ya!

I picked up some knowledge on new things to start offering and stand off's for interior signs. The router dept went over some 3D sandblasted things with me and i am thinking of offering those since they can do all the router and all i would need to do is assemble and paint but i don't have a painting facility right now.

Harbor has always treated me right since i started my business and willl continue to have my business.

It's good that Harbor isn't some big franchise, Those kinda places never do hands on events and things like Harbor does for their customers

CES020

Yeah i kept looking around but couldn't spot ya!

It was easy, just follow the puddle of water :) Did I mention it was hot? Holy Smoke, it was HOT. Next time I'm taking our industrial fan and I'll just drag it around on a cart :)

So much more I wanted to talk to them about, but just so freakin' hot.

bgraphics

Well Worth it!

Well worth the trip. I had a much better time there than an NBM show.

Anyone need a supplier for UV Flatbed printing with white ink on clear, dark or metallic substrates? We have a JF-1631 and it could always be busier.

signage

Well worth the trip. I had a much better time there than an NBM show.

Anyone need a supplier for UV Flatbed printing with white ink on clear, dark or metallic substrates? We have a JF-1631 and it could always be busier.

If you weant to sell on this forum you need to become a Merchant Member

GregT

Getting to meet the people, and seeing the grounds and building were nice. Eating the food was even better! Will agree that it was just downright hot.