• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone gone from eco-sol to HP Latex then back?

MIMO

Has anyone gone from an eco-solvent machine (any make) to using HP Latex machines then abandoned the HP to go back to an eco-solvent machine? I'm talking about having first hand experience with both and then opting for an eco-sol set up?

We aren't abandoning our HP L25500s, no machine can do everything, but after two years of experience with two 60" HP L25500s, we are adding capacity and are fairly close to bringing in an eco-sol machine for some of the media the HP Latex printers simply can't handle well (smooth, high quality double sided pvc layflat banner is the biggest one). The L25500 was our first entry into the outdoor market, strictly aqueous before that like many L25500 owners, and it's been a love / hate relationship with these things :). Thought people might find that interesting and wanted to know if anyone had gone down the same path.

HulkSmash

We own both latexand Solvents. Use both of them.I mostly try to use the latex machines, and can run most materials through. for D/S banners, i usually just print on single sided, and hem around the back. Added strength, and just about the same price.

Use the solvents for everything except wraps.

MIMO

We own both latexand Solvents. Use both of them.I mostly try to use the latex machines, and can run most materials through. for D/S banners, i usually just print on single sided, and hem around the back. Added strength, and just about the same price.

Use the solvents for everything except wraps.

Yeah, I think you put us onto that formula for d/s pole banners, it's been really good so thanks again...they can take enough wind to take the freakin' pole down :) Our background (being AQ) led us into POP for fashion retail here in Canada where we need a nice low profile, dead flat d/s banner to hang in windows and overhead, and of course for the all mighty banner stand (I've always hated using aq film plus lamination). We are managing, but always looking to improve. Thanks.

HulkSmash

Yeah, I think you put us onto that formula for d/s pole banners, it's been really good so thanks again...they can take enough wind to take the freakin' pole down :) Our background (being AQ) led us into POP for fashion retail here in Canada where we need a nice low profile, dead flat d/s banner to hang in windows and overhead, and of course for the all mighty banner stand (I've always hated using aq film plus lamination). We are managing, but always looking to improve. Thanks.

For popup, i use polypropylene 9mil. It works and prints awesome on the latex