Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got Freehand MX11 that can convert a file for me?

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by SightLine, Jun 14, 2012.

1. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Grrrrrr..... I have literally not had a Freehand file get sent in quite some time. Really need this in Illustrator. Attached extension should be FH11, just renamed it to .txt to upload it.

Did a quick check, Adobe decided to kill off Freehand support totally with CS6. CS5 would open them fine. :(

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    hmm illy CS2 will open FH files up to 9 - you would think this would have been expanded upon in later versions?

3. SightLine

It did until CS5.5 which would open pretty much any Freehand file. They dropped support in CS6 which we upgraded to a few weeks ago.....

4. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    Hmmm, it seems to want to cause CS5 to crash. Could there be some issues with that file specifically? It does recognize it as a freehand file, but after that it crashes.

5. Mike F

Mike F Active Member

May 11, 2011
  6. SightLine

Did not even realize it could still be downloaded. I'll grab the trial real quick and give that a whirl. No idea why it might crash Illy CS5. Lol, wow Freehand is a massive 29MB.

Got it installed and it opened the file..... thanks for the tip on the trial and thanks for trying Evan.