• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone got Freehand MX11 that can convert a file for me?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Grrrrrr..... I have literally not had a Freehand file get sent in quite some time. Really need this in Illustrator. Attached extension should be FH11, just renamed it to .txt to upload it.

Did a quick check, Adobe decided to kill off Freehand support totally with CS6. CS5 would open them fine. :(

Attachments

• McGeeLogo.txt
    30.5 KB · Views: 153

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
It did until CS5.5 which would open pretty much any Freehand file. They dropped support in CS6 which we upgraded to a few weeks ago.....

WildWestDesigns

Hmmm, it seems to want to cause CS5 to crash. Could there be some issues with that file specifically? It does recognize it as a freehand file, but after that it crashes.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Did not even realize it could still be downloaded. I'll grab the trial real quick and give that a whirl. No idea why it might crash Illy CS5. Lol, wow Freehand is a massive 29MB.

Got it installed and it opened the file..... thanks for the tip on the trial and thanks for trying Evan.