• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have a copy of Onyx for sale?

Kemble

Looking for a copy Onyx Postershop or Production house v7 or greater. If you have a copy could you please PM me a price and the dongle number so I can call ONYX to verify it.

Thx

MikePro

soooo you're asking to pirate software that's good enough to call onyx and rat yourself out for duplicating it?

Custom_Grafx

soooo you're asking to pirate software that's good enough to call onyx and rat yourself out for duplicating it?

I thought they just meant that they wanted to know the number so they could call and verify to see it was legit and not pirate before buying it?

MikePro

i thought about my post again this morning and realized that I could be wrong... I had thought both that a) you wanted to buy someone's used copy of onyx and that b) I had always thought that the license was non-transferrable ...as is the case with most software.

regardless, good choice on pursuing Onyx rip software... I'm rocking x10 and its AMAZING!

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
b) I had always thought that the license was non-transferrable ...as is the case with most software.

eh?

I seems to me that most software is transferable. I can't think of anything that I have that I am not free to sell to someone else if I am no longer using it.

Just look at the (legitimate) used software market on Ebay.

Also... (to the OP) we have PosterShop 6.5 that we're not using anymore...

Kemble

I thought they just meant that they wanted to know the number so they could call and verify to see it was legit and not pirate before buying it?
^^^ Correct

Yes, Onyx software is transferable.

I also need the dongle number to verify from ONYX that the version would be upgradeable to version 10. Some version 7's are only a trial and are not meant for long term use (6mo) or are only limited to certain printers. Unfortunately v6 is not upgradeable to version 10 which is why I'm looking for v7 or higher.

I've been monitoring ebay for the past 3 months, calling into ONYX to verify serials on every listing I find. Missed out on a few great deals because I thought I could hold out to get a better one. Now that work has picked up I just need to bite the bullet and get it.

MikePro

apologies for my attempt at misinformation.
i get all hung up on the repeated topics of copyright infringement and software piracy.

can't upgrade v.6 to 10? must be a new thing, cause I swear I upgraded my v.6.5 to x10 just last year.

Anyhow, if you're gonna just flat-out buy x.10, then it might be worth your trip to the ISA show in vegas at the end of this month. Then money you'll save on the deal you'll get from the "show special" could end up paying for your flight and/or hotel.

Kemble

No worries

Ya, Onyx told me it's too big of a gap to go from 6 to 10 and I'll need at least a v7 to upgrade to 10. That may just be their way of getting more $$ out of us new ppl. Perhaps they will do it for existing users /shrug.

MikePro

now I remember that's how they sold me on the upgrade... claiming they were discontinuing support for v.6 and that if I were to upgrade NOW (apr.2010) was the time, otherwise I'd have to buy x10 outright if I waited any longer.

busypc

I have a copy of version 6 if anyone needs it. It has never been used or registered. Still in the box with books, etc. We have always used another RIP and it came in a package deal. Anyone interested just email me.