• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have a Dell xps m140 ... odd request

cgsigns_jamie

Here's an odd request....

Any fellow 101'rs have a Dell XPS M140 14" Laptop and a large scanner?

I have a buddy with a M140 and I'd like to make a "skin" for his laptop's lid. Unfortunately he's in Ohio so I can't make a template for the top of the computer.

So, anyone have one of these and be willing to scan in the lid and send me the image? I'd be more than happy to make an extra graphic for your laptop too!

cgsigns_jamie

Yeah, I thought about that. I think that'll be the last resort.

There's a logo in the center of the laptop that I'm going to contour-cut out of the graphic. I like to scan them in because the scanned image is 1:1 scale and I can get very accurate templates from a scanned image.

AUTO-FX

I have had some luck with pencil rubbings via fax machine as well. however, your sender needs to be handy with a pencil. i always thought this was a no brainer but have been surprised by what a few people sent me!

cgsigns_jamie

Yeah but he doesn't have a fax...

I think I might send him to a FedEx Kinko's and have them scan it... Don't know why I didn't think of that earlier.

Letterbox Mike

Have him take a digital picture of it from above, take that image into photoshop and use the perspective crop to crop it down perfectly square. Have him measure the exact width and height of the lid, scale the Photoshop image to the correct size and you have a template. I've done that many many times with oddball projects like this, works perfectly every time.