Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have a replacement source for the InstantOne Vinyl?

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by lodcomm, Dec 3, 2020.

1. lodcomm

lodcomm Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Ledyard, CT
    Greetings folks,

Does anyone have a decent recommendation on a replacement supplier for the air release print vinyl I used to get from the great folks at InstantOne media?

too bad they shut their doors.

thanks!

-t

Tags:
  2. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    It's been years since we've used it - I thought they were the only supplier. We did several box trucks and simple wraps with that material, being cast it was definitely an attractive price point, but I always found the material kind of brittle and harder to work with than the big 3. You can always look at Grimco's Briteline wrap kits. I think they're about $150 less than a comparable kit of Avery...but I don't know of any other cast wrap film close to what they were charging at InstanOne Media.

3. lodcomm

lodcomm Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Ledyard, CT
    I think the material I was using from them was like 5 mil Calendared vinyl. I was just using it from general sign printing. I think I was paying somewhere like $150.00 for a 54" 30yd roll?

4. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    We've had great luck with the General Formulations 220 which is a 6 mil semi-rigid film, prints great and is nice and thick for easy installs

5. lodcomm

lodcomm Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Ledyard, CT
    Do you have a supplier source?

thanks

6. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    General Formulations is sold at pretty much any sign supplier

7. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    My bad, I thought you were referring to their wrap film

Yes, General Formulations or Oracal 3641 are both economy style vinyls that should be somewhat competitive with the Media One stuff...

8. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Arlon DPF510MTX or GTX is a great alternative to IOM and at a similar price point with air release.

It's just thinner at 3.2mil