• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have a used Omega 1.5.6?

johnrock15

Yeah, I got one too. The block went bad. . . sent back to Gerber, upgraded to 3.0 and away we go ! I really liked 1.56. Don't like 3.0.:banghead:

Malkin

We have 2 Omega CP stations version 1.56 that did not get upgraded.
One has the parallel, one has USB.

I wonder what would be considered a fair price though? Their biggest value is the ability to cheaply upgrade to the current version. Full retail is somewhere around $3400 I think, with the upgrade at only 6-700.
Sort of like buying a used edge for the trade in value.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Why do the security blocks go bad?

The manufacturers have a routine that gets run when a change of dongle is required for an upgrade that disables the old dongle. This saves them from having to go through the inconvenience and expense of exchanging dongles. Many earlier LPT port dongles were disabled when Omega 2 was released which required a USB dongle.

Perks

We have 2 Omega CP stations version 1.56 that did not get upgraded.
One has the parallel, one has USB.

I wonder what would be considered a fair price though? Their biggest value is the ability to cheaply upgrade to the current version. Full retail is somewhere around $3400 I think, with the upgrade at only 6-700.
Sort of like buying a used edge for the trade in value.

Hi Malkin,

Just back tracking through last months threads and was interested in Omega 1.56 if available.

Perks:wavingflag:

Gordy Saunders

I have the old LPT port doggle, with the 1.5. I've never upgraded because I bought Flexi 8.1. I'd be interested in knowing what its worth. I still use it once in a great great while.

BryanQ

I have a copy of Omega 2.02 CP with USB dongle I may depart with. All fair offers will be considered.

Marlene

I really liked 1.56. Don't like 3.0.:banghead: <!-- / message -->

not to totally get off topic but why don't you like 3.0? it's 1.56 with all knids of new tools and options. just wondering.

Perks

Big thanks Malkin and to Kevin and Janean at Minuteman Signs in Augusta, ME for helping get my Super Sprint online and especially for having the Omega 1.56 CP station.

Perks