Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have a used Omega 1.5.6?

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by Perks, May 3, 2010.

1. Perks

Perks Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Looking for used copy of Omega 1.5.6 to run a Super Sprint

Thanks Perks:wavingflag:

Tags:
  2. NY Signman

NY Signman New Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I have one, but not the security block.....I just upgraded to 3.0 and Gerber asked for the old parallel port one back.....gave me a USB one in exchange.

If you can use it w/o the block....let me know?

nextgenerationsigns@frontiernet.net

Adam

3. johnrock15

johnrock15 New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Yeah, I got one too. The block went bad. . . sent back to Gerber, upgraded to 3.0 and away we go ! I really liked 1.56. Don't like 3.0.:banghead:

4. My only question, why would you want to use that program. I'd rather gouge out my eyes!

5. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    We have 2 Omega CP stations version 1.56 that did not get upgraded.
    One has the parallel, one has USB.

I wonder what would be considered a fair price though? Their biggest value is the ability to cheaply upgrade to the current version. Full retail is somewhere around $3400 I think, with the upgrade at only 6-700.
    Sort of like buying a used edge for the trade in value.

6. Perks

Perks Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Why do the security blocks go bad?

7. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The manufacturers have a routine that gets run when a change of dongle is required for an upgrade that disables the old dongle. This saves them from having to go through the inconvenience and expense of exchanging dongles. Many earlier LPT port dongles were disabled when Omega 2 was released which required a USB dongle.

8. Perks

Perks Member

Sep 4, 2008

Hi Malkin,

Just back tracking through last months threads and was interested in Omega 1.56 if available.

Perks:wavingflag:

9. Malkin

Malkin Very Active Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Augusta, ME
    :thumb:

pm sent

10. Gordy Saunders

Gordy Saunders Member

Sep 27, 2006
    I have the old LPT port doggle, with the 1.5. I've never upgraded because I bought Flexi 8.1. I'd be interested in knowing what its worth. I still use it once in a great great while.

11. BryanQ

BryanQ New Member

May 17, 2010
    Eunice, Louisiana
    I have a copy of Omega 2.02 CP with USB dongle I may depart with. All fair offers will be considered.

12. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont

not to totally get off topic but why don't you like 3.0? it's 1.56 with all knids of new tools and options. just wondering.

13. Perks

Perks Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Big thanks Malkin and to Kevin and Janean at Minuteman Signs in Augusta, ME for helping get my Super Sprint online and especially for having the Omega 1.56 CP station.

Perks