• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have an alps printer?

Rickey J

I bought an alps printer really cheap and I pluged it in and I get an error light and when it goes through its test it makes a noise. So I took it all appart and there seemed to be nothing wrong. Can anyone tell me if I am looking in the right places for the problem?

TresL

I have a MD-5000 w/sub dye key.....
But have never taken it apart......

Do you get any printer head movement when you power it up?

I have thought about selling mine with all the carts I have as I don't do much with it at the present time and they are going for $$$ on eBay....

ENTDesign

Do you have an ink cartridge installed? If not, the unit might be looking for one. The Alps do make a lot of racket when they power on, and the unit will go through and check every installed cartridge. I guess that it figures out which color is installed in which position. The cartidges have barcodes on them so the unit can tell which is which. If you are planning to get 3rd party ink, keep the Alps cartridges so that you can refill them and the unit can read the barcodes.

Cadmn

theres a whole yahoo group dedicated to the Alps I have tought of buying one for dye sub but not in need so reading lots of pros & cons. on the yahoo group