• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have experience/advice on printing air release / egress metallic silver?

jtiii

I paid good money for you to read this!
Hi y'all, I have tried searching but I'm still learning how to massage the search tool and I'm not finding what I need. I'm running a Roland Eco-Sol vp-540. If I need to cut a roll down to 53" so be it. I asked for some help with a project the other day -http://www.signs101.com/forums/showt...ergency-advice - going forward I'd like to move to an egress laminated piece...
Thanks!
Xpost from premium forum

danno

We have used 3m, Oracal and Avery films to print on. The best results we had was with 3M 180c-220. It was available in 48". Yes, we have tried printing on the wrap films, but ink adhesion then becomes an issue.

dmcgary

We print fairly often on the 3M 1080 aluminum silver. Very good results. Almost like deep candy paint when ran on a backlit profile.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Make sure you use a satin or matte to prevent ink pooling on those 1080 materials.

We print on satin white aluminum with our latex a lot and it looks great.

MISPRINT

Been searching the forums for this too, couldn't find much info on it. Thanks to those who responded. I was told you can print on gloss 1080, 970RA, SW900 - but there is conflicting information. Some people say pooling is an issue (common sense would say this) but others say there is no issue.

Also, I noticed one person says back-lit for print. Are you using a normal profile or something special like the back-lit?