• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have experience with a Seal Image 400 Laminator

Redwave Signs

I have been looking at purchasing one for some time and ran across this one. Does anyone have any experience with it? They are asking $1500 and are ready to sell.

Recommendations please ... thank you.

:help

Tony McD

I used one of them at my old job. Built like a tank and very heavy.
Seems like it was in the $8,000 range new.
It had it's own air compressor to power the nip rollers up/down.
It runs on 220v, so be prepared for that with your wiring. If you will be using it
as a cold laminator only, you may be able to wire it for 110 and not use heat.
There are heat settings for top and bottom rollers, and vacuum hold down for the inlet feed.
I used it as a hot laminator for paper prints, and never ran pressure sensitive laminate through it. Hot laminate is less expensive to use than pressure sensitive, but it would not be the right material for vinyl.
I tried to do all my hot laminating on one day, because it took a while to get the machine up to temp. and shutting it down takes a while as the rollers needed to cool while turning.
Make sure the rollers aren't cracked or out of round. They would be an expensive fix.

Edited to add: After we used it for a couple years, we sold it and got a cold laminator, so we could just flip a switch and start using. Much faster.