• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have experience with Designboard HDU?

walters signs

I read about a HDU product called Deisngboard. I have used SignFoam and PrecisionBoard, but not Deisgn board, is Design board easier to handcarve or is basicallythe same product under a different brandname.

Also anyone have any reccomendations on quality sculpting clay for signs?

mshi

It is basically the same, usually costs a little less than the Precision Board. The only complaints I have heard is that the Designboard has had some consistancy issues, mainly not finising well, large pits, etc. The company that makes them though is continually working on improving the product. I would find distributor that carries and have them order you a workable size sample for you to test.

rkguy

who makes it?

Who makes Design Board?
Are there any distributors in Western Canada?
Thanks
Ryan

cartar929

We get Designboard from N.Glantz and Son(http://www.nglantz.com/) and use the 18lb density. That is what I would recommend using, because I feel there is a big difference in quality from the 15 to the 18.

We use to use Sign Foam III in the 18lb from Harbor, but the price was just too much. I feel that the Designboard is a pretty equal competitor. We don't really hand-carve anything all of our dimensional work is done using a CNC.

Here are some pictures of some signs where we have used Designboard.

Attachments

• DSC01381.jpg
    DSC01381.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 174
  • ch1.jpg
    ch1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 142
  • redbeech[1] copy.jpg
    redbeech[1] copy.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 186