• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Have Experience With This Laminator?

phototec

That is a brand new laminator, I don't think you will find ANYONE who has used it.

However, reading the specs and watching the video, that looks like a very good value for the price. Lots of aluminum in the construction, I think you should order it and then you could let us all know about it.

If I didn't already have one, I would get it for the price.

I don't know about Canada, here in the US the shipping is only $220.

Hey, just like MC Hammer say's - You can't touch a laminator like this for this price.....

[video=youtube;NyEE0qpfeig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyEE0qpfeig[/video]

kheebl

Make sure you read the shipping fine print.

Shipment & Payment terms
1.Default shipping worldwide by sea,Port to Port,not to your address directly.Please let me know the arrival seaport before your purchase.* air shipping or express is optional,please contact in advance.
2.There is only one shipping schedule each week,closed each Tue and ship leaves each Fri,not like the air shipping.normally it will take about 30 days to arrive in US after shipment.
3.Freight here is suitable for the typical ports, not for all ports, such as New York,Long Beach,San Francisco,Los Angels,Miami,Boston etc) ,you need pick it back after clearance yourself or through the local shipping agent or your broker.
4.The buyer is responsible for the import taxs,port charges,clearance cost etc on arrival,those are NOT included in the freight you paid. we will declare a much less value on shipment.
5.Delivery will be in 3 working days after receiving the cleared payment.
6.Accept payment via Paypal or bank transfer.
7.we suppose you agree with the above terms for your purchase.

It's $220 to the port then you have to arrange freight yourself or pick it up from the port. Also there are import fees/taxes you are responsible for.

player

I am familiar with that crap from looking into bringing a CNC machine in...

Definitely need to nail down all those extra costs before pulling the trigger.

It seems like it has many of the things I would like, and it is not as heavy as some. The ones with the full sides instead of a stand are around 800+ pounds. I need to be able to wheel it out, set it up, then put it back. When they weigh close to 1/2 ton, it is a bit much...

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'd stick with one of the US Tech ones if you want to stay on a low price import. Many here have bought them and they are good machines with the benefit that they are already here in the US, will ship out of Florida, and have good US based support.

As far as the ones on a "stand" versus the ones with full sides. There are benefits to the fully sided model and I'm not really all that sure that even the ones that are on legs can be (if at all) removed from the legs. The fully sided models which have become much more popular in recent years will be a bit heavier but also more rigid and will allow for more rollers. Also decide carefully if you think you really need a hot or even heat assist capability. We bought a US Tech with the heat assist and in a few months of use have yet to use the heat assist even once.....