Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have led on their printers?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by ironchef, Nov 11, 2012.

1. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Ive read past threads on this subject, what do you guys think of this product? Care to post any pics of your setups. I would like a setup where i could push a button like in the pic, but also have the option to leave it on. Also, doesn't the bright lights affect the sensors? Strip?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

I used the roll strip LED's you can get on eBay. Actually installed a tiny power supply for them in the back by the mainboard and tied that into the incoming 120v power. Wired that to a switch I installed on the front panel to cut them on/off as desired. Pretty much just leave them on 24x7 now. End of this thread has photos. http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93910

3. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Nice.

4. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Walmart LED rope light. $15 for about 15 feet and plugs into a regular outlet. I used adhesive wire tie tabs and zip ties. Nice and bright for less than $20.

5. Wraps ink

Wraps ink Member

Sep 1, 2010
    what is the purpose of it?

6. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Easier to see how the print is coming out. Currently i have to stick me head really close to the head (dx5) moving back n forth. Almost got whacked the other day lol

7. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I have this kick *** led light that I use for my Summa when it has trouble reading the registration marks...comes with a hook and a magnet on the back. I use it for many things around the office...

Attached Files: