• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have optimum settings for cutting small detailed type

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Slow the speed down, use a 60 degree blade, and use an easy to cut font like san-serif fonts. Usually the rule is, if the text is shorter than half an inch tall, you will get unreliable results not matter the settings.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I can get 1/8" tall with a fresh 45 blade, if cutting something like Helvetica. Have even gotten smaller than that. Don't recommend for a ton of text, but small stuff is possible.

shoresigns

I can get 1/8" tall with a fresh 45 blade, if cutting something like Helvetica. Have even gotten smaller than that. Don't recommend for a ton of text, but small stuff is possible.

Would love to know how you do that. Our machine just starts lifting up any sliver of vinyl it can and makes a mess of anything that small.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
For HP vinyl (like 751) my plotter Force setting as 14. Blade just barely sticks out of the holder. Like I said, when it's a fresh blade ( I have been buying Clean Cut blades), it works the best. I am sure if I tried any 1/8" text right now (blade is probably 3 months old) I would have some difficulty, but should be able to manage it.

MikePro

for small type, I cut & weed-out centers, apply graphic with a negative field still around the lettering & remove after the small lettering has adhered to the substrate.