• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Anyone have some tips for applying Flexcon Nusmark on box trucks?

VicRep

I've used other vinyl adhesives but not this. I'm just wondering if I need to do anything different in prep or application. Should I use heat?
Thank you.

MikePro

calendared vinyl known to begin curling after 6months.
do not apply over rivots, and slice the vinyl where it hits edges of panels.

post heat is always good.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Not familiar with the Flexcon material but if it is a calendared vinyl & lam, you will have nothing but problems with the rivets popping up over time. No to mention shrinking.

You most definitely need heat! Post heat the heck out of it to reset the memory of that vinyl as much as you can.

Good luck and let us know how it comes out.

Just an FYI....
We use CAST ONLY for our vehicles...Period. Not an option to use calendared in my shop.

Steve Tomas

Hello VicRep, thank you for using FLEXcon BUSmark® 5800 for your box truck application. The earlier posts that this self adhesive calendared PVC film is not intended for rivets and corrugations is correct. However, it has been used with great success in the transit poster (bus signs) market for over 20 years.

Be careful applying heat to calendared films as it can cause the film to shrink back or eventually lift and curl. Unlike cast vinyl, calendared films are rolled out like a pie crust with heat and pressure. Heating them up above that processing temperature causes them to shrink.

You can always feel free to contact FLEXcon's technical service team at (508) 885-1519. Some good info over at our website also: Home - FLEXcon

Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers,
Steve