• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have success with sealing edge of vinyl

wesley

Hello all,
Would anyone kindly give some advice from your experience with edge sealing the edges of vinyl like gold or metallics? Have you ever seen the clearcoat that you use to seal turn yellow and start to look really bad? I want to edge seal a vinyl job coming up but I am scared of yellowing.
Thanks so much for any advice

Fitch

By rights, the glue should be softer than the vinyl. When cut, the blade should "compress" the glue and then expand ever so slightly creating an automatic seal.

Sealing edges on good quality vinyls should not be necessary.

Cheers - G

Last edited:

showcase 66

I have a couple of these in the shop but have never used it before. A couple of guys I have talked to have used them, but I dont know if it yellows or not.

wesley

Thanks guys for youtr replies. I guess I will just take a chance and hope that it doesnt yellow. I have had gold vinyl lift around the edges before and this is why I am somewhat afraid not to edge seal

BobM

I've used Sealitpens and brushed One Shot clear to seal edges without any yellowing.