• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have tips for a seamless box trailer wrap?

mrkawliga

Hello,

I am getting ready to wrap the sides of a 20' box trailer and would like to have no overlaps and have my cuts at the trailer panel seams. Can anyone provide me with some tips or reccomendations? Thank You

cdiesel

Just measure the spacing between the aluminum panels and tile accordingly. I'd charge extra for this.

4R Graphics

Like Diesel said measure the panels and tile accordinglly.
Agreed CHARGE EXTRA for this. Dont give away anything that is a custom install that many dont do and requires more time and effort. Get your money you will have earned it with the extra time and labor.

jc1cell

Not that I'm any kind of guru at this, but I think you should still give yourself some extra on the sides so you don't fall short with any of the panels and maintain a nice flow to the install. Just trim it off once installed.

jc

skyhigh

just curious.....
what is the benefit of doing it this way, other than the obvious (no overlap)? Do most of the "wrap" people here, feel an overlap is an inferior job?

ProWraps

thats going to cut your materials very close. you will have waste. charge accordingly. the panels will not coincide with the width of your materials.

mrkawliga

Thanks Everyone but Please Help Again!

Thanks everyone so much for the responses. This customer ended up just wanting a collage of four or five pictures which we made to be one large printed graphic that is like 52" x 125". In this way, I was hoping to just install and then cut at the trailer panels, thereby achieving a seamless install. However, I have a new dillema...This is not a rectangle but basically connected staggered photos. I am trying to install without premask using IJ180CV3 with 8518 overlam, properly outgassed. Should I be using premask? It is a flat trailer with panels and pan head bolts, not rivets. I am having one hell of a time working with the graphic and have destroyed one already. I am hinging using a horizontal center hinge. The vinyl seems to be too flimsy and I keep overstretching or getting crows feet. Please help folks, stressing out on this one...too expensive of a print to have to do over. Thanks for your time everyone!

mrkawliga

I didnt think I should premask but I do not know why I am having so much trouble with this graphic. As far as the bolts, I really would rather cover them although I will get noticible tenting. I think that it still looks better and I will not damage the print when retightening the bolts if I cover them. Although, it does seem that it could be the bolts giving me fits since I have not had this problem before and will remove them if that is the correct way I should do it.