• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone having this problem-GS6000

Donny7833

Well, I spoke too soon.

Just about every morning I do a light clean and nozzle check before printing. Yesterday, same as always, perfect nozzle check.

This morning, about half the green nozzles were out, the more cleanings I do the worse it looks.

Called Epson. Barely mentioned that the green channel was clogged and the rep says "we'll send out a tech with a new head". I mentioned that I have a set of cleaning cartridges, he says don't waste them, only cure is a new head.

I'll continue printing, nothing in the schedule today will be affected by the lack of green.

Hey, but the belt is still tracking perfectly straight... I'm thinking I'll get that warranty extension.

GoodPeopleFlags

I'm also running colorburst. How can I tell it to print certain channels (that also means "cartridges, right?) and not others? I'm getting worried about this green issue you guys are talking about. Our 1 year warranty will be up in a couple of months.

GoodPeopleFlags

Thanks, Case! I just updated the other day. I will look for how to print certain cartridges. Thanks!

I also wanted to tell you guys to keep your Epson and Colorburst software updated. I had a printer problem the other day - the computer and printer weren't communicating. I had to update the firmware and a bunch of other stuff. It took awhile to get everything back up and going. I had to call for tech support, too. Just thought I would pass it along!

rt2

I know what you're talking about..

I've had the gs6000 for just over a year. i agree the prints are fantastic, but I've had all the expereinces you all mentioned.

I was maintaining the carriage and I noticed the reduction belt was half shredded. the secret to that is they need to replace the entire pulley assembly, not just the belt. Decision one by the way is the best, they do a great job everytime they come out.

as for the green ink, it was a known problem since the first year. the colorburst rip was not using enough green ink in the profiles, so the green was cloggin up the line/head. once that happens...new head needed. no fix for it. the solution was to toss the green after 6-9 months regardless of remaining ink. the new updates with setup profiles ending in 7-27 fix the green and orange channels by biasing colors to use more of those channels. take a look at their advance profiling videos where they show you how to test the green and orange channels are working!

as for the tracking of the take up, I learned the hard way you need to make sure the machine is perfectly level, then also make sure the take up bar is level by adjusting the set screw on the left side of the take up. if you're having to use the tracking knob on the right then most likely you're not level on both accounts. now i can go 90-100 ft no problem.

all being said and done, it's still the best on the market right now. and cleaning really is simple.

best!

rt2

oh yeah...

oh yeah, as for the network losing connection. you'll send a print, it will spool but the printer never starts printing. it's usually caused by canceling the print from the software and not the printer panel or a corrupt print file. always cancel from the printer panel first, then software.

here is how you fix it. run a nozzel test, then turn off the machine. close colorburst, delete the hold file in the spool folder, restart your computer, turn the machine back on. let it sit to find itself and you'll be ok in about 5 minutes or so.

good luck.

Markus59

$3000 for a head???? Does that include installation?

We have new 1 head in stock right now - $1799.

Kent
Mac Media USA, Inc.
www.macmedia.com

Yes that included installation, they charged us for 2 head washing kits when they used only one so the bill was adjusted to a little over 2500 bucks to replace the head. Been running a patch of green ink everyday, hopefully that will keep the green channel from clogging up.

nate

We just finished installing our 3rd GS6000. The first two were close together in production dates, but this one is about six months after. It'll be interesting to see if this machine has the same issues as the other two or not. I'll keep this thread updated with anything that happens.

parrott

Our machine was installed Monday/Tuesday of this week by Matthew of Advantage. Great guy that knows his stuff. We are still playing with several different medias to see what runs best. What brand of vinyl/banner materials is everybody running? Currently we are running Concept 201 for vinyl and Bantex 18oz for banner with great success.

cmaxdesigns

We just had our GS6000 installed yesterday (purchased from Grimco). I wish I had a great experience like most of you have had. The gentlemen installing it did not know that I needed a 32 bit operating system so we spent 4 hours trying to figure out that I was running 64 bit Windows 7 and needed 32 bit.

Once we figured that out and got into the Colorburst RIP he had no idea how to use it. I am scratching my head with this one as I cannot understand how someone from Grimco is so uneducated. I am still having issues trying to figure out the RIP software but it looks like I can eventually learn it.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We just had our GS6000 installed yesterday (purchased from Grimco). I wish I had a great experience like most of you have had. The gentlemen installing it did not know that I needed a 32 bit operating system so we spent 4 hours trying to figure out that I was running 64 bit Windows 7 and needed 32 bit.

Once we figured that out and got into the Colorburst RIP he had no idea how to use it. I am scratching my head with this one as I cannot understand how someone from Grimco is so uneducated. I am still having issues trying to figure out the RIP software but it looks like I can eventually learn it.

We have genuine GS6000 Cartridge for $200 EA. Orange and Green for $180. 1 set qty minimum. We will delivery to your door.

Fieldcenter, Inc
sales@fieldcenterusa.com

Case

Should have went with Advantage... They run circles around Grimco...

Case

parrott

Should have went with Advantage... They run circles around Grimco...

Case

I have never bought a printer from Grimco, but I would agree with Case.

We are running a 64 bit operating system with our GS6000 and there are no problems. Our tech, did warn us on the front end that there had been a few small cases when trying to set up with the 64 bit but not to be worried. I couldn't find any Windows 7 machines with 32 bit so I bought a 64 bit. I believe the main issue is trying to find drivers for the 64 bit systems. I am sure the kinks will get worked out over time.

cmaxdesigns

Another lost day for me. We worked on getting the printer up and running all day and no progress has been made. Our biggest problem is the RIP and computer is not recognizing the printer. Do any of you use the ethernet connection? If so how are you able to find the correct IP address? I search on the Epson printer menu and can find an IP address but when I enter it in to the Colorburst software under the TCP/IP connection port it does not recognize the printer with the IP Address.

I still cannot understand how Epson will allow a distributor to sell their printers yet the distributor can't find their a$$ with both hands when their is an issue with printer/rip communication.

mrbadss

To find the Epson IP address, use the Epsonnet Config utility that you download from Epson. It will let you set a static IP address too so the IP address wont ever change... They have this on all of the epson professional printers. Printers should ALWAYS bet set up to have static IP addresses 'cause you dont want the IP changing.

For those who are having the green issue, did you ever do a head washing since using the printer?

Bob Rule

Markus59

For those who are having the green issue, did you ever do a head washing since using the printer?

Bob Rule

Yes we run a head wash when the green starts to go out, and when the tech comes in he runs another head wash with no luck, this has happened 3 times in the year and a half that we have owned the machine and at a cost of about $1000 each time to run a head wash this becomes a very expensive machine to run. We are in the market for a third printer and it looks like we will be buying another Roland.

jmcnicoll

The green ink issues should be fully paid for by Epson! For sure during the warranty period and I believe they should cover after original warranty as well as they know they have a green ink problem. We had the green ink clog up and had the tech in here to replace the head. He told me they're have green ink issues but can't pinpoint it yet.

jim

rfulford

Ok, this happened to me. Yesterday, our second epson started making this noise and I see that it is there is a tear in the reduction belt and a small flap hanging off. I called support and received parts today. I spoke with the tech and he is still waiting for a special "sonic tensioning tool" (don't quote me) to be shipped. I cut the little flap off and ran the machine another 13 hours or so before it finally gave out.