• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone heard of an ioline LP3700 plotter

johnny_loves_amy

I am always on C/L checking out things and have found an OLDER plotter for sale, and wanted to see if anyone knew about an Ioline LP3700. Like can you even get parts, drivers, or blades for them anymore? I know I am gonna catch crap for asking about something this old, but I just wanna know. Thanks to everyone who responds.. Take care and God Bless to all

SignosaurusRex

Contact Ioline directly. I know that someone from Ioline is a member here and they are located a short distance from me in Woodinville, Wa. if memory serves me correct.

Wow, I haven't heard or seen any reference to the LP3700 in the last 10 years or so. These machines were modified pen plotters, probably late-1980s technology. A company called HTD Sign Systems retrofitted these with a heat tip to melt vinyl before they changed over to a knife-based system. Was a bad cutting plotter in it's day, probably belongs in a museum (or trash heap) today.

Bob

Mr Happy

<<Was a bad cutting plotter in it's day, probably belongs in a museum (or trash heap) today.>>
someone gave me one, maybe thats why.
None the less, i was hoping to get i working well enough to do a few jobs -- that would generate some capital for a new cutter.
I have been looking at the "FlexiStarter Vinyl Cutter FlexiSign Starter 8.5 for MAC"
Does anyone know if this software will for sure drive the LP3700?

Appreciate any advice, thanks

Vinylman

<<Was a bad cutting plotter in it's day, probably belongs in a museum (or trash heap) today.>>
someone gave me one, maybe thats why.
None the less, i was hoping to get i working well enough to do a few jobs -- that would generate some capital for a new cutter.
I have been looking at the "FlexiStarter Vinyl Cutter FlexiSign Starter 8.5 for MAC"

Appreciate any advice, thanks

AB SO LUTE LY!

Buy the "FlexiStarter Vinyl Cutter FlexiSign Starter 8.5 for MAC".

A great way to get into the sign business along with all the rest of the W.B.S.H. {W.anaB.eS.ignH.acks} Flexi® will run every plotter on the market and some that are only a couple of decades out of warranty.

I for one vote for you to jump right in, "the waters just fine".

BTW: what industry is it that you have just been laid off from or fired?

Is it even remotely associated with graphics? sign making? printing? typing on a computer? Hieroglyphics?

OH! and welcome to Signs 101 thanks for introducing your self so eloquently, as well as hijacking this thread.:Oops:

P.S. Please let us know where you are setting up shop so that those of us who have spent 1/3 to 1/2 of our lives LEARNING this trade can watch the FOR SALE ads in your local shopper paper when you give up, and start ANOTHER business and wreck someone else's livelihood.

John L

I am always on C/L checking out things and have found an OLDER plotter for sale, and wanted to see if anyone knew about an Ioline LP3700. Like can you even get parts, drivers, or blades for them anymore? I know I am gonna catch crap for asking about something this old, but I just wanna know. Thanks to everyone who responds.. Take care and God Bless to all

The K-Cad Cutting Tool used to be the secret to getting these to cut vinyl. With the light duty stepper motors it would struggle on even a thicker calendared vinyl and miss steps... really ticks you off. I doubt you will easily find K-Cad or blades any more.

Mr Happy

seems mr vinyl man has some unresolved issues,
actually I'm moving to someplace called Berlin Center, somewhere in Ohio.

I have been in graphics for 30+ years, hand painted signs with real paint. Got away from signs except for helping a local sign-maker part time. done print graphics and even a "graphics school", Scale model displays are my real love, not much demand for that anymore.
Always be prepared to change and grow, or perish.

also have an answer from the Flexi folks:
"Yes, both the Ioline 3700 and the 4000 are selections in Flexi.
Ken Imes
Lead Technical Support"

Thanks John, thats a good tip. "I doubt you will easily find K-Cad or blades any more."
I was told by the guy that gave me this "cutter" that he used gerber blades, well we will see, I just cant qualify a grand for a cutter to use in a part time side-line.

thanks for the responses
Mr Happy

JWILLIS

not real sure but if it was like the one i had it was a hot tip
plotter...
cut with heat instead of a knife...
good luck

Mr Happy

update on trying to make one work with osx

I am always on C/L checking out things and have found an OLDER plotter for sale, and wanted to see if anyone knew about an Ioline LP3700. Like can you even get parts, drivers, or blades for them anymore?

Ioline 3700

Bottom line, I cant find a way to connect this to the G5 OSX 4.11
tried 2 usb to serial cables, and Keyspan shows cable but not cutter
cant find anything to show me an ip address

I would have to say that it is not worth paying money for, if this had not been given to me I would be upset. It would be nice to be able to use it to plot though.

Flexi 8 (jr) is good for the drivers, I don't care much for the Starter program, much prefer CS3 and out put to production manager.

Did have it almost working with an OS9 mac, but coudn't find a driver that would do more than cut squrilies.

Bottom line, I wouldn't pay money for one unless it includes software and then wouldn't pay more than $30 for the machine.

Hope this helps ..