• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone heard of it.

ERNMAN70

Has anyone heard of this brand of cutter? Jiachen. Is it just another cheap Chinese cutter? Any help would be great. (If it is another cheap Chinese cutter is it better than any other ones.)

Thanks...

Pro Image

Chinese or South Korean...............If its under a 1000.00 for a 24in cutter its probley not a very good one..........Unless you get one of the rebranded Rolands or Graphtecs....................

ERNMAN70

My I ask what brand do you use? I'm new to the whole sign making, I would like to get a decent cutter but right at the moment I dont have alot of cash to throw at one. What would you recommend?

PMG

I have a Graphtec FC Pro 7000-130(Not the rename brand) great plotter,but it has more Japanese written all over it than my cat cutter does.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pro Image

My I ask what brand do you use? I'm new to the whole sign making, I would like to get a decent cutter but right at the moment I dont have alot of cash to throw at one. What would you recommend?

I have a Graphtec CE1000-60 and a Gerber Fastrack 750...........

I think you can get a Graphtec CE5000 for about 1000.00 or so..........Search around you can find some deals..............If you can afford it buy from a supplier that will give you some kind of service after you buy it...........

CV Signs

Hey dude. I would definitely recommend you do some research FIRST. Just understand that Roland, Graphtec, Summa and few others are very high end, and will last practically forever.

I'll tell you my story, because I have nothing better to do. I was 14, and extremely interested in "stickers." I helped a friend on a softball league scoreboard project. I did my plotter research by reading online, and going to my local supplier. (Ordway). I learned that roland was the "best." I did my research on eBay and found a Roland PNC-1100 for $499! I insured my parents it would be a wise investment, and they let me take the 500 out of my bank account to purchase it. I used it in my 10th grade year of high school. I made about $2000 in one year just by word of mouth, selling stickers to kids at my school. I carried around a book of designs and sold all day long. I took my money that I made and invested in another plotter that a friend had for sale. A Roland PNC-960. I was a little cleaner and it seemed to go faster. I moved on from the one-off stickers, and went into the actual sign/graphics stuff. I sold the 1100 to a good friend who paints murals for a living. He still uses it to this day. A year and $15000 later, I purchased a brand new Mamiki 30." I use the Roland 960 to cut window tint, and the Mamiki for vinyl. In the years I have been in business, I have purchased three plotter blades, and one cutting strip. All of my machines have had ZERO problems. (Problems meaning mechanical; not user-created lol)

There's your research.

OldPaint

what CV SIGNS SAYS...do your home work, buy a decent quality machine(suma/graphtec/anagraph/roland)USED.....
and strat off right.

ERNMAN70

If you are serious about a Summa, let me know as I still have mine for sale. It has been nothing but excellent for me, and extremely accurate over long runs of vinyl.
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14103

I can work a deal with you if your serious.

John, wish I could take you up on your offer, but was just recently laid off from a 13yr job and what money I do have needs to go to bills and such. Two months ago before lay offs or any rummors of such I was going to get into sign making on the side and hope to move into it on more of a full time basis. The 1500.00 you are asking seems to be a great buy but I just dont have the funds for that much. Thanks for asking me.