• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone heard of "ratepoint" for e-mail marketing?

signgal

ratepoint dot com is trying to get us to leave Constant Contact. They say they provide the exact same service and features and will even copy all of my info from CC. One of the added features is posting positive reviews for you in google. It would seem they use the service themselves and I can't find anything negative about them on the internet. I'm still a little leery about giving them my credit card and Constant Contact information.

signswi

The email marketing software I recommend is http://mailchimp.com

As part of my freelance side business I design and run email marketing campaigns for small business/non-profits, MailChimp is the way to go. Used Constant Contact when I was in the marketing department of a museum and it doesn't hold a candle to MailChimp. I don't know anything about ratepoint, never heard of them. The only other email marketing software I like is http://www.campaignmonitor.com, but that's targeted towards designers/marketers not really business owners. I've also heard good things about http://www.aweber.com. Again, never heard of ratepoint.

iSign

I never heard of ratepoint either, but maybe call Jon Aston, and consider it a good excuse to take him up on that free consult... you could get his opinion on ratepoint as well as brainstorm what you will do with whatever software/service you choose to help do it... and then come back and teach us anything cool you learn...

Does email marketing really work? I cant imagine that it does but I have no idea.
When I open up my email the first thing I do is click on every spam email and hit delete.

signswi

Still the single highest source of revenue for online marketers by a wide margin. List building is crucial. The key is being good at it and not just creating more spam in the world. Like with any marketing, content and targeting are key and if you aren't tracking your ROI and working across channels you're doing it wrong.

signgal

Thanks guys! I use Constant Contact now and my newsletters and promotions are now widely acclaimed (LOL) but I'm always honing them and interested in tips and advice. Got some good advice from Tim just the other day. This ratepoint contacted us with an offer of half what we pay CC and more benefit. I was just curious if anyone heard of them. I uncovered some dirt upon deep search. I won't risk it but will check out the "chimp" for sure!

Locals Find!

Mail chimp is a great tool. I have been using it for a couple of years. I use the Free version currently but, the paid version has even more features. It all depends on your level of your mailing list.

mikefine

I looked at mailchimp tonight, and it looks impressive.
And email lists under 500 are free.

Jesse, thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Jon Aston

Jesse: Kudos - excellent posts, all.

iSign: Thanks for the plug, as always.

Teri: It's a standing offer.

XOJA

signswi

No problem! Maybe I should have posted my affiliate links instead. ;) Seriously though email marketing is extremely important and MailChimp is one of those modern tools that make your life a lot easier.

:smile:Ratepoint is a legit company in that they do offer the service. I have been using them for about a year. It seems that their e-mails get caught up a lot in spam filters, not what you want to have happen. There are ratings on the internet for different e-mail marketing services, Ratepoint doesnt even show up on them. I looked at a couple of them - find them by googling rating e-mail marketing services. There are different opinions on what is good. Almost all of them have free trials. Ask around. Its very competitive out there for these services. The only thing that is a PIA is bringing your lists in. Some services let you only bring in 50 or 100 for free.

signgal

thanks for the info, everyone. We did find that rating page eventually and CC is highest with mailchimp high up there and i was impressed with their service. Just didn't really find any reason to leave CC but I did recommend it to a few people.