• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone here have a Samsung galaxy 3 Tab?

gabagoo

I purchased one of these over an Ipad mainly because I liked the idea that I could insert a micro s chip into the device increasing it's storage capacity. So far so good. Anyways I am an I Tunes user for music and I have an Iphone and love listening to music at work. I have a set of speakers and a subwoofer from a defunct computer, and simply plug the earphone jack into the Iphone and get incredibly great sound with a nice punch of base.

OK now back to the Samsung....I plug the jack into it and hardly a sound comes out of the speakers, although you can hear something, it's like a mute switch is on although there is not. I was worried that something was wrong with the Samsung and when I got home I put a pair of headphones into it and the sound is there.... So what I can't figure out is how does an Iphone have no issue with an external speaker but the Samsung does?

Secondly I have basically filled the micro s card with just about 20 gig of music files....Any suggestions as to which is the best music player I can download onto the Samsung? I have found a few but they just seem so lame compared to I Tunes as far as features and general funtionability.

I plug mine in and listen to Pandora all day.
I did notice that I have to have the volume turned all the way up on the tablet or the sound is weak. The speakers I use are old computer speakers and it works pretty well.

gabagoo

I plug mine in and listen to Pandora all day.
I did notice that I have to have the volume turned all the way up on the tablet or the sound is weak. The speakers I use are old computer speakers and it works pretty well.
at least I am not alone except the sound I get would be maybe a whisper over a shout...not good for listening to music.

at least I am not alone except the sound I get would be maybe a whisper over a shout...not good for listening to music.

Hmm,
Try going into Settings then select the "Sound" option then select Volume...it should open a new tab that has an option to turn up the volume for music, videos and other media. I have mine turned all the way up. Also check the jack... I've made the mistake of thinking it was locked all the way in and it wasn't, then I got what you were describing.
Have you tied a different set of speakers?

phototec

I have a Galaxy 3 Tab 10.1 tablet I use it for work so NO games or music, however I was thinking that most devices like this only have a per-amp just powerful enough for a headphone, not really powerful enough to drive speakers. I have a set of desktop speakers, and they use and wall wart AC adapter to drive the internal amplifier, maybe that's what you need.

Also, you probably should check the plug and make sure it is seated all the way, I have heard there are some issues like that, when I first got my PayPal card reader for my S3 phone I have some issues with it working because the jack was NOT all the way inserted, and you have to go into setting and raise the volume all the way up.

There are some apps that will increase the volume for the Galaxy 3 Tab, turn all frequencies to the Max. I have been told it work well, even earsplitting!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.equalizer

:smile:

gabagoo

I have a Galaxy 3 Tab 10.1 tablet I use it for work so NO games or music, however I was thinking that most devices like this only have a per-amp just powerful enough for a headphone, not really powerful enough to drive speakers. I have a set of desktop speakers, and they use and wall wart AC adapter to drive the internal amplifier, maybe that's what you need.

Also, you probably should check the plug and make sure it is seated all the way, I have heard there are some issues like that, when I first got my PayPal card reader for my S3 phone I have some issues with it working because the jack was NOT all the way inserted, and you have to go into setting and raise the volume all the way up.

There are some apps that will increase the volume for the Galaxy 3 Tab, turn all frequencies to the Max. I have been told it work well, even earsplitting!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.equalizer

:smile:

Volume was on full and I monkeyed with the jack several times....having said that, there is a cover on the unit, but the headphones worked fine.....so I don't feel that was the issue...the speakers are plugged in so they get power...just odd.