• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone here tried chrome wrap films?

AGinVT

Aside from making covid signage for our local hospital, clinics and restaurants, we have been pretty slow. We are trying to keep everyone busy between covid orders. We recently got an interesting request.

I have a customer asking specifically for a SATIN red chrome wrap. Can't be matte or glossy. Not finding it in 3M, Avery or Oracal. I don't want my installers to be stuck in a nightmare install if the stuff is garbage. Anyone have any suggestions for this specific vinyl?

Attachments

• HTB1JqA9mdrJ8KJjSspaq6xuKpXat.jpg
    HTB1JqA9mdrJ8KJjSspaq6xuKpXat.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 965
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 238

Mimi9271

Hi, We order from a company in Canada called CWS (Car Wrap Supplies) They have a pretty decent collection of vinyls and the quality is great. Not sure what their deal is now as far as shipping supplies, www.carwrapsupplier.com Hope you find what youre looking for : )

AGinVT

Thank you. I just looked them up, but unfortunately did not see the color I am looking for. Vvivid does have the color, but they are out of stock. Anyone ever use Vvivid wrap films?

Mimi9271

Thank you. I just looked them up, but unfortunately did not see the color I am looking for. Vvivid does have the color, but they are out of stock. Anyone ever use Vvivid wrap films?
Yes we have...we used copious amounts of their carbon fiber film...worked great even on tricky complex curves

BUCKY

Yes... tried Vvivid's red wrap film.
Had a customer buy it and bring it in for us to use on a golf cart. Sent them back home with it after an hour of trying to get it to conform at all.

johnnysigns

Does Cheetahwrap have it? That's Feller's home brand of wrap film. I have a few yards of satin black we were trying to use and the low tack feature they built the film around is a pain in the ass to install at least with our skillset. KPMF, Hexis and Teckwrap are pretty aggressive films so I'd get your hands on some smaller pieces to try before buying a whole roll of them. We had a high end Audi we were doing in KPMF and we abandoned that film and went with Avery..

AGinVT

Yes... tried Vvivid's red wrap film.
Had a customer buy it and bring it in for us to use on a golf cart. Sent them back home with it after an hour of trying to get it to conform at all.
It is very inexpensive. Definitely makes me wary. We usually stick to 3M1080 and 3M2080, with Avery or Oracal mixed in sometimes. Customer purchased vinyl is usually cheap garbage. But to be fair though, how would they know the difference.

signage

It is very inexpensive. Definitely makes me wary. We usually stick to 3M1080 and 3M2080, with Avery or Oracal mixed in sometimes. Customer purchased vinyl is usually cheap garbage. But to be fair though, how would they know the difference.

I would ask this customer if they go out to eat, when they say yes I would ask them if they take the food for the restaurant to cook for them.

BUCKY

It was actually a good thing for this customer to bring it in for us. It was a good test for us with no cost involved in the material. :D
All I hear about is people buying Vvivid because it is the first thing that comes up in a google search and how cheap it is.
Cheap is cheap for a reason. I am glad we did it and I now know we are not overpaying for good materials. I knew better but
to ease my mind we just had to see it first hand.
One of the guys who works for us now wrapped a car roof with some of their vinyl and it actually blew off going down the road.