Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Anyone here wrapped a bike...as in bicycle?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by Reveal1, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    I've been a lifelong cyclist and for a while now have entertained the idea of wrapping an older road bike. Like the plumber's sink, it hasn't happened, but would like to check off the list. Figure if people are looking at the bike, they might not notice the slightly overweight 65 year-old pedaling it.

Did a search and found nothing here. Some YT videos, but didn't appear to be anyone doing a full wrap that looked like they knew what end was up. Guessing as a business endeavor, it would be too labor intensive to make real money.

Thinking a lot of knifeless tape around the the tube intersections, seams at bottom of tubes. But if you've done it, would love to hear about how you did it and any tips/tricks

2. woolly

woolly Active Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Cornwall uk
    haven't fully wrapped one but done fair amount of protection stuff i don't think i would even try got to be easier to paint it then add some colour or printed bits, easy to make and digitize templates for down tubes and fork ends, bit of dayglow a few sponsor logos will soon brighten it up have fun and hat off to you for enjoying your bike at 65 keep going

3. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    Thanks - always enjoyed the air, time away in the country, but now my another motivation is to stay fit enough to eat and drink what I want without blowing up.

Saw there is a guy in California who will wrap bike but you have to ship the bike. An expensive and risky proposition. But judging from bike forums, there are a fair amount of enthusiasts where money is apparently no object when it comes to buying or customizing bikes.

4. Haw

Haw New Member

Feb 5, 2018
    PH
    I wrapped my japanese style bike "rust sticker" so that no one would steal it. It's been 4 years and I still have it. I guess it works

• Like Like x 1
  5. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    I've seen cars wrapped in faux rust, but never a bike. Would like to see a photo of that.

6. Chriswagner92

Chriswagner92 Member

Aug 26, 2013
    nc
    The guy I interned for got onto a BMX restoration kick, and he always painted or powder coated the frames and added printed/cut decals after.