• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Anyone here wrapped a bike...as in bicycle?

Reveal1

I've been a lifelong cyclist and for a while now have entertained the idea of wrapping an older road bike. Like the plumber's sink, it hasn't happened, but would like to check off the list. Figure if people are looking at the bike, they might not notice the slightly overweight 65 year-old pedaling it.

Did a search and found nothing here. Some YT videos, but didn't appear to be anyone doing a full wrap that looked like they knew what end was up. Guessing as a business endeavor, it would be too labor intensive to make real money.

Thinking a lot of knifeless tape around the the tube intersections, seams at bottom of tubes. But if you've done it, would love to hear about how you did it and any tips/tricks

woolly

haven't fully wrapped one but done fair amount of protection stuff i don't think i would even try got to be easier to paint it then add some colour or printed bits, easy to make and digitize templates for down tubes and fork ends, bit of dayglow a few sponsor logos will soon brighten it up have fun and hat off to you for enjoying your bike at 65 keep going

Reveal1

haven't fully wrapped one but done fair amount of protection stuff i don't think i would even try got to be easier to paint it then add some colour or printed bits, easy to make and digitize templates for down tubes and fork ends, bit of dayglow a few sponsor logos will soon brighten it up have fun and hat off to you for enjoying your bike at 65 keep going

Thanks - always enjoyed the air, time away in the country, but now my another motivation is to stay fit enough to eat and drink what I want without blowing up.

Saw there is a guy in California who will wrap bike but you have to ship the bike. An expensive and risky proposition. But judging from bike forums, there are a fair amount of enthusiasts where money is apparently no object when it comes to buying or customizing bikes.

Haw

I wrapped my japanese style bike "rust sticker" so that no one would steal it. It's been 4 years and I still have it. I guess it works

Reveal1

I wrapped my Japanese style bike "rust sticker" so that no one would steal it. It's been 4 years and I still have it. I guess it works
I've seen cars wrapped in faux rust, but never a bike. Would like to see a photo of that.

Chriswagner92

The guy I interned for got onto a BMX restoration kick, and he always painted or powder coated the frames and added printed/cut decals after.