• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Anyone in Texas collecting unemployment?

The Doo

The Sign Lady
Hi all -
Received an email this morning from the Texas Workforce Commission stating that effective the week of July 06, I need to start filling out "work search" history on my application. Does anyone have and inkling of how this affects those of us who are self-employed? I could try to call...but ya know how that works.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Unemployment is for employees - people who work for someone else.

The Paycheck Protection Program is for the self-employed.

You don't have to show job searches if you're self-employed....only if you're an employee collecting unemployment.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

You don't have to show job searches if you're self-employed....only if you're an employee collecting unemployment.

I think it was expanded to include self employed people during the coronavirus.

Question for OP... did your business go to 0? Did you loose all your clients and they are no longer buying? I guess you will start having to look for work like anyone else would.

The Doo

The Sign Lady
Moze: Texas Signmaker is correct.
Texas Signmaker: Business is not to zero...quite a few projects have been put on hold. Still have some small stuff i.e. coroplast, fco letters etc. Nothing to write home about...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Moze: Texas Signmaker is correct.
Texas Signmaker: Business is not to zero...quite a few projects have been put on hold. Still have some small stuff i.e. coroplast, fco letters etc. Nothing to write home about...
Then I don't think you can draw unemployment if you have other income. I think you should of gone PPP. But I don't really have the answers and probably neither do the folks at the Workforce Commission.

Superior_Adam

In Kansas even a self employed person can receive unemployment as long as you are paying into the unemployment fund.