• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone injection mold signs?

NCTaxi

Here is one that I haven't run into in 18years of sign making. I have a sign that appears to be injection molded plastic. Not vacuum formed but injection molded. I will try and post pics as soon as I can but anyone ever hear of a company doing this? It is a 19"x23" backer panel on 5" decorative columns with toppers on columns and backer panel. It is double sided. Any thoughts?

3dsignco

Like to see a Pic.. Some resins look very much like Injection Molding.. Usually a dead Giveaway is Resin will not have any ejector pin marks and Injected plastic you will see little circles around the inside/Back of the part from the ejector pins.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Although I've personally not yet dealt with them, they are literally just down the street from where I currently work. How cool!

If they were that close to me I would be working there now.. even if they didn't hire me I would sneak in and start sweeping the floor in hopes that they would not notice or just let me stay as a shop mascot and absorb all that knowledge and skill...

MachServTech

If they were that close to me I would be working there now.. even if they didn't hire me I would sneak in and start sweeping the floor in hopes that they would not notice or just let me stay as a shop mascot and absorb all that knowledge and skill...

+1.....looking through their portfolio I saw the THX movie den of my dreams!

signmeup

Me too! They'd need a restraining order to get rid of me. :biggrin:

Idea Design

I can't help but think that this company needs a show on Discovery.

They have a show about a guy who makes cakes for cripe sake. At least this one would be entertaining.

Larry L

Here is one that I haven't run into in 18years of sign making. I have a sign that appears to be injection molded plastic. Not vacuum formed but injection molded. I will try and post pics as soon as I can but anyone ever hear of a company doing this? It is a 19"x23" backer panel on 5" decorative columns with toppers on columns and backer panel. It is double sided. Any thoughts?
I used to design injection molds. They are very costly and you must have large volume to justify the tooling. The press needed for such a size would have to be over 500 ton.