• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone install letters on this surface and live to tell about it?

Jean Shimp

Interior office wall - wants to install lettering and logo on this surface. Looks like job I don't want or is it no problem? There are 12 letters 12" to 18" high plus a rectangular word panel 6" x 45". Naturally the letters would be stud mounted. Not sure about drilling in to this material (ceramic according to spec sheet). Anyone have any experience with this material? TIA

Attachments

• wavy wall surface.jpg
    wavy wall surface.jpg
    896.3 KB · Views: 418

CanuckSigns

We've done it before, Install wasn't as bad as I thought, however this perticular one has spotlights overhead that cast shadows that made it almost impossible to read the sign after, the client had to redirect the lighting after we finished.

Attachments

• parton-law-wall-logo-2.jpg
    parton-law-wall-logo-2.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 355

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Interior office wall - wants to install lettering and logo on this surface. Looks like job I don't want or is it no problem? There are 12 letters 12" to 18" high plus a rectangular word panel 6" x 45". Naturally the letters would be stud mounted. Not sure about drilling in to this material (ceramic according to spec sheet). Anyone have any experience with this material? TIA

If it's ceramic, it's going to kind of suck. Going to need a few diamond core bits, etc.

We've done it before, Install wasn't as bad as I thought, however this perticular one has spotlights overhead that cast shadows that made it almost impossible to read the sign after, the client had to redirect the lighting after we finished.

Pretty sure this is a composite panel - not ceramic. They're pretty easy to drill.

CanuckSigns

If it's ceramic, it's going to kind of suck. Going to need a few diamond core bits, etc.

Pretty sure this is a composite panel - not ceramic. They're pretty easy to drill.

Yeah the one we did was just plaster, very easy to drill

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We've done one....recall just needing longer screws.

Attachments

• Carrco Painting 2.jpg
    Carrco Painting 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 347

Jean Shimp

This is from Home Depot. Spec sheet says 12 x 24" glazed ceramic tile.

johnschleich

We did an install a few years back at a newly constructed Medical Spa. Found out as we were drilling the last letter into the wall that it was a custom designed / custom ordered wall that cost $10,000 per panel. I would ask up front before you install what the cost is.

Had we done so we certainly would have adjusted our quote accordingly.

spectrum maine

Good foam tape and lexel -done