• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone into BMX or Biking?

p3

I have a 95 or a 96 Schwinn 1 pro mod and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. I just recently found out that it could potentially be worth a little bit of money since it was handmade in the U.S. and they had a recall so Schwinn got a lot of them back. Just wondering if anyone into BMX had any info!

AUTO-FX

BMX. WOW. i remember when BMX first went crazy. i bought one of the very first aluminum alloy frames available in the united states. it was made by raleigh. it weighed 15 oz. i also had skyway rims. first composites on the market. gawd that was a long time ago!!!
Saved PENNIES to buy that stuff.

buttons

I raced bmx for years. Don't know anything about that specific bike but I'll ask some friends and see if I can find any info for you

John L

Still got my old Redline with the blue 5 spoke tuff wheels. Still have a stingray that i ghetto bmx'd on too.

Mosh

I used to have a half pipe in my yard. To this day I have a Haro Sport, Hutch TrickStar and a GT PRO Performer. I was in Freestylin Magazine back in 1987. Me and Eddie Fiola used to hang out! I still ride once in a while, not alot of Miami Hoppers, but more rolling tricks these days!

Square One

Still have my Hutch Pro from about 1984 with TRX forks, GT bars, Bullseye hubs, Araya 7x rims. Have a Thruster that dates back to the late 70's with TRX forks, Haro bars, Shimano Hubs, and Araya 1 3/8" rims.

Both my kids ride these bikes daily. I still ride too when I can get one of them away from them.

Mosh

I used to ride with Josh White (DYNO) Eddie Fiola(GT), DIZ Hicks (Skyway). Back in the late 80's I was called the Midwest Kid, most of the great riders were on the left coast. I will pull up some old pic and post them.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Mosh when you were doing those bike tricks on the half pipe did the gun rack on the handlebars ever get in the way?

wayne k
guam usa

Cool thread! I was totally into freestyle. I would have given my left arm to be able to ride with any of those guys Mosh. I had a halfpipe and a quarterpipe in my yard when I was a kid, I had multiple GT Pro Performers and a Hutch Trickstar.

dj_elite

I used to ride. Still have a 1998 Haro Shredder Super Deluxe in my dads shed! Wish I had all my bikes still, there all worth crazy money! Had a Skyway TA, GT Performer, Diamondback, 3 Haro Shredders, Redline. My brother had a Haro Master I was pretty envious of! I was actually thinking of getting back into it, kinda why I held onto my Super for so long. I'm 29 so I guess I have a few more years of riding!

K Chez

I still ride on occasion and, like Mosh, I still have a Haro Sport and a Hutch Trickstar! Go figure! I've been wanting to get back into it for the exercise and the fun, although this past May when I went down like a sack of bricks right onto the end of my bar and fractured a rib, it wasn't too much fun. The main ride is a Quamen G3 & I have a Quamen Bowls.

Long live flatland!

P3-check out bmxmuseum.com There alot of info on old school stuff there

DJ Elite-I'm 44 so I think you've got a few good years left!