Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone into BMX or Biking?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by p3, Oct 14, 2010.

1. p3

p3 Member

Jun 3, 2009
    I have a 95 or a 96 Schwinn 1 pro mod and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. I just recently found out that it could potentially be worth a little bit of money since it was handmade in the U.S. and they had a recall so Schwinn got a lot of them back. Just wondering if anyone into BMX had any info!

Tags:
  2. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    BMX. WOW. i remember when BMX first went crazy. i bought one of the very first aluminum alloy frames available in the united states. it was made by raleigh. it weighed 15 oz. i also had skyway rims. first composites on the market. gawd that was a long time ago!!!
    Saved PENNIES to buy that stuff.

3. buttons

buttons Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Burlington
    I raced bmx for years. Don't know anything about that specific bike but I'll ask some friends and see if I can find any info for you

4. John L

John L Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Still got my old Redline with the blue 5 spoke tuff wheels. Still have a stingray that i ghetto bmx'd on too.

5. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I used to have a half pipe in my yard. To this day I have a Haro Sport, Hutch TrickStar and a GT PRO Performer. I was in Freestylin Magazine back in 1987. Me and Eddie Fiola used to hang out! I still ride once in a while, not alot of Miami Hoppers, but more rolling tricks these days!

6. Square One

Square One Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Blissfield MI.
    Still have my Hutch Pro from about 1984 with TRX forks, GT bars, Bullseye hubs, Araya 7x rims. Have a Thruster that dates back to the late 70's with TRX forks, Haro bars, Shimano Hubs, and Araya 1 3/8" rims.

Both my kids ride these bikes daily. I still ride too when I can get one of them away from them.

7. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I used to ride with Josh White (DYNO) Eddie Fiola(GT), DIZ Hicks (Skyway). Back in the late 80's I was called the Midwest Kid, most of the great riders were on the left coast. I will pull up some old pic and post them.

8. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Mosh when you were doing those bike tricks on the half pipe did the gun rack on the handlebars ever get in the way?

wayne k
    guam usa

9. bayshorecreations

bayshorecreations Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2007
    NJ
    Cool thread! I was totally into freestyle. I would have given my left arm to be able to ride with any of those guys Mosh. I had a halfpipe and a quarterpipe in my yard when I was a kid, I had multiple GT Pro Performers and a Hutch Trickstar.

10. dj_elite

dj_elite Active Member

Oct 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I used to ride. Still have a 1998 Haro Shredder Super Deluxe in my dads shed! Wish I had all my bikes still, there all worth crazy money! Had a Skyway TA, GT Performer, Diamondback, 3 Haro Shredders, Redline. My brother had a Haro Master I was pretty envious of! I was actually thinking of getting back into it, kinda why I held onto my Super for so long. I'm 29 so I guess I have a few more years of riding!

11. K Chez

K Chez Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Howell, NJ
    I still ride on occasion and, like Mosh, I still have a Haro Sport and a Hutch Trickstar! Go figure! I've been wanting to get back into it for the exercise and the fun, although this past May when I went down like a sack of bricks right onto the end of my bar and fractured a rib, it wasn't too much fun. The main ride is a Quamen G3 & I have a Quamen Bowls.

Long live flatland!

P3-check out bmxmuseum.com There alot of info on old school stuff there

DJ Elite-I'm 44 so I think you've got a few good years left!