• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know a pressure roller hack?

On my Mutoh VJ printer my pressure rollers have all the sudden started to break down (almost 10 years old) and disintegrate in a sense. I ordered some and they are on the way but it looks like it takes a few weeks for them to get here. I have pulled a few out that have failed on me and surprisingly they are super simple to change.

It might be a long shot, but does anyone have a hack on something that may work in place of the few that are starting to break down to get me thru til my new supply gets here?

Attachments

• KY-14255-big.jpg
    KY-14255-big.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 171
You would have to do the same thing to all of them across the printer. Not sure that it would even work. They have to all be very even across the printer or you will have some major print issues. If it will run with those ones missing you might not get a bad print as long as you have enough holding the material. I know I can remove one or two of these pinch rollers from my HP machine and it will still run. I just have issues with tracking on longer runs.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Not much you can do but....
Put the worst ones on the outer edges and print with larger margins to avoid them.
Another thing you can try is to get some neoprene tubing that will fit tight on the core of the failing ones (after you scrape off the black gunk) and have about the same outer diameter as the good ones.
Last ditch is to use the white surgical tape that comes in those home first aid kits to wrap the old cores.
I did all of these with some success while waiting for my replacements to come in on a 1304.
I don't know what they use on those but it is like a timed release vitamin capsule. Once one dissolves the rest follow shortly after.
Good luck

You're 1000% right once the first one went they all started to go. I sincerely appreciate the feedback. I'll give them a try to get me thru.