• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know a wholesale supplier for these pole arm doodads?

jimbug72

Was hoping someone knows of a supplier for a post like the attached photo. It's about 8' tall from the ground. Arm bracket is roughly 30" for hanging a 24"wide sign. Don't need an exact match, just something similar.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_3965.JPG
    IMG_3965.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 354
  • IMG_3966.JPG
    IMG_3966.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 123

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You can buy the scroll bracket just about anywhere. Get a square pole at a local junk yard, clean it up, paint it and bolt or weld it fast. You could have it powder coated, too.

Z SIGNS

Buy a scroll bracket from your supplier. Go to Homers depot buy a 12' pipe spray it black then bolt your bracket to the post.

jimbug72

Thanks for the advice Gino & Zsigns, and I feel dumb that such a simple build didn't even occur to me.

Now, with that being said, I would much rather buy one prefabricated ad a small markup and move on to the next project. If I have to build I will, but I would prefer to buy.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's like why we have restaurants........ Instead of making your food, just go have someone else make it and pay dearly for it.

Seriously, if you'd buy a new pole like Z mentioned at homer's, you'd have maybe 20 minutes in it all total and you could still sell if for a hefty markup and profit.

We used to do it all the time with metal and wooden posts.

jimbug72

That's like why we have restaurants........ Instead of making your food, just go have someone else make it and pay dearly for it.

Seriously, if you'd buy a new pole like Z mentioned at homer's, you'd have maybe 20 minutes in it all total and you could still sell if for a hefty markup and profit.

We used to do it all the time with metal and wooden posts.
Those are quite valid points, except for the fact that I am in a rural town and the nearest Home Depot/Lowes is an hour drive one way. I would have to tack on 2+ hours and fuel. Not a deal breaker, and if I gotta, I gotta, but it circles me back around to the, "I'd rather purchase, mark up and move on" aspect.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yep, that could be a deal breaker. Having something like that shipped in, if ya find it is gonna be awfully expensive, too. Good luck with that. :thumb:

jimbug72

Yep, that could be a deal breaker. Having something like that shipped in, if ya find it is gonna be awfully expensive, too. Good luck with that. :thumb:
Yeah, shipping is my biggest concern. I'm fine with a small markup, to maybe even no markup at all. There are other signs/installations in the project where we can make a tidy profit, but the shipping on the post (provided I can even find one) may well be a deal breaker, forcing me to drive to Charleston.
sweetbrown.jpg

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer

jimbug72

Thanks jcskikus! The shipping was a bit more reasonable than I expected. To order the whole assembly from Metal Craft Industries with the wholesale discount will run me right at $300 including shipping.

The materials and paint to build the same exact setup would cost me around $150 + 2.5 hours round trip to the big box hardware stores + assembly/paint time. Since I can use that 3+ hours on other projects it shakes out to be cheaper to order the prefab by my cack-uh-lay-shuns'. I honestly was expecting it to cost me closer to $500 with shipping.

I appreciate everyone's input on this.