• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know about this Roland UV LEC 300

synergy_jim

I have prints off of it and have had it demoed for me at shows. I love the concept and the engineering. Give me a 54" wide model, then we are talking!

Its way to expensive right now also....

I don't think it's in any danger of replacing printed laminated prints either. Its very slow and Roland is more after the specialty label market with this one.

slimlin

heres my 2 cents

Overpriced, overrated, overslow and so pricey on ink that its a laugh. but it looks juicy i agree, and the sales pitch too, but can you really pay for it, i mean does your costumers really need or want the product you can make on this machine?, and do they want to pay the price you need, in order to finance it, because it prints so slow? and yes its not even close to 54", and yes it will come later, so that you can burn your fingers on this one.

If this machine should have a real it needs, 30-50 % reduction on inkprices, the speed of the VP or XC machines, and 54" width.

Have a nice day

Jakob

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
This machine is going after a small niche specialty market. The texture feature is cool, and it is slow.

pindesign

We have one, and a niche for which it works... however, yes it is VERY SLOW... often run behind on jobs... needs a lot of babysitting, so take up roller printing overnight can be forgotten about. We do ultra-high-quality work, so maybe if you have a more volume less quality situation you could print overnight.

Lately we have had a consistent problem with banding in the clear.. Roland has been out thrice to try and fix it, to no avail.. I am now constantly re-calibrating the machine to stop banding... very time consuming, pain in the ass.

Unless you are doing very short run specialty jobs, maybe consider another machine, pay some extra cos you will save it in labor. If you have the niche and can charge to run it accordingly, then its probably ok.

The flexible inks are very nice, durable and flexible. Excellent for printing onto polycarbonate... good white ink.. when the machine works properly, it provides a good product, just slow.... and at the moment, with it not behaving itself, its a very costly boat anchor!

pindesign

oh, and just so you know :

it does not end the need for lamination if you need a durable lam. acutally you will now need a liquid laminator to smooth over the raised uv ink.

if you need low durabiliy, or just a visual effect from the lam it's ok.

the gloss ink is just as expensive as the other inks (ie way more than lam)

100% gloss pools around every single spec of dust. we have to run gloss at 50% - gives a satin finish - this is ok.

You still need to let the media dry overnight for heavy-ink cut jobs! low to normal ink: print, then cut is ok....