• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know about this?

PROBIRD

Would anyone happen to know if there is a way to know how much printing a machine has done in its life?

Looking at getting a 60 inch hp 5500 and the guy says it has 1000 miles on it, did not think a printer had an odometer.

Any input on these printers? Good, Bad, high maintenance or anything?

Thanks in advance...

animenick65

Would anyone happen to know if there is a way to know how much printing a machine has done in its life?

Looking at getting a 60 inch hp 5500 and the guy says it has 1000 miles on it, did not think a printer had an odometer.

Any input on these printers? Good, Bad, high maintenance or anything?

Thanks in advance...

Great workhorse. Getting up there in age though. Last I heard, HP isn't supporting them after this year. Any one of these you purchase from the wild will have some serious use on it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
There is a way to check the usage for sure, I will try and remember what you need to do. What type of printing do you plan on doing with this? They are great machines for indoor signage like tradeshow graphics and POP signage. They can print on a ton of different products just like a solvent printer BUT your consumables cost alot more because of the coating and your ink costs are a little bit higher as well. Is it going to be setup with dye or pigmented inks?

PROBIRD

ANY THOUGHTS ON A 5000?

Found one thats been sitting for a while and is showing a check printhead path on the display.

Sorry for all the questions, but i am just looking at a 60 inch printer to do art panels for bounce houses.