• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Anyone know anything about this......... ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Anything about Polymeric inks for flatbed printing ?? I understand they are made here, in the USofA, and I'm told by people I don't know, they are good and long lasting. Again, by people I don't know. However, the one guy has helped me on several occasions and the other seems to know what he's talking about, but neither of them actually USE the ink. I'm thinking about switching, only because it would be easier to get and would save a considerable amount of money. Our flatbed has been on a third party ink, since the day it arrived, so I have no qualms about that aspect. I'm using Anapurna 100 inks at the moment.

Thank you.​

Gino

zspace

Premium Subscriber
We looked at Polymeric several years ago, but their references at that time were doing specialized applications and not diverse production work.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Was talking to someone at a research kinda place for another company and said they know of and have customers who use the polymeric and it's really good as long as you have good adhesion. Good adhesion is different then weatherablity. That is where it got interesting. I learned a lot from that guy and he sells all the parts for my machine to boot. I think I'm gonna pull the switch. Any other input, I'm all ears til Tuesday.

:thankyou: for the information so far.​

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
Knowing the backend of the ink industry is somewhat of a secretive area of expertise lol. I have worked with several of the ink manufacturers, but they're all very hush-hush. Polymeric IS an OEM supplier for several brands of ink. The patents are held by the OEM's now and they're under an NDA to have no clue what you're talking about if you ask them. If you just call them up out of the blue an ask to buy ink from them, I'd be very surprised if they would let you. I'm strapped by several NDA's and respectful relationships with some of the main suppliers, so there's not much I can really give out in detail to be honest. If you're REALLY serious about going 3rd party inks, you can find the information if you talk to industry people and keep your eyes and ears open. Not sure which flatbed you have, but if it has RFID bags then you need to sort out that too, or go with a 3rd party option that gives it to you turn-key.

To be honest, buying 3rd party is often much less of a savings than most people think. It is certainly good in some cases, just not all. Mostly because if you're running enough volume to really save $20-30-40k on ink, then you should be getting the best Vutek/Dhurst inks at less than $80/liter. People running little HP's/Latex that are tired of paying $130/liter ... well they dug their own graves with that sorry, HP isn't into reasonable prices just like they're not into reasonable service. If you're getting bulk ink pricing at $70/liter, then is moving to 3rd party really worth it at $35/liter? Sure you save money, but at what cost? All inks are CERTAINLY not created equally. Knowing what you're getting is the biggest unknown in that industry, ironically enough.

For turnkey solutions Nazdar makes good inks - I've used their screen print and digital inks for years with no issue. Always been super impressed with their customer support.
Bordeaux makes good inks too, used a bunch of them. They can be a little difficult to reach since they don't have a dedicated "old school" sales staff. But you can certainly place your orders and receive them simple enough.
I have no experience using INX inks, mostly because their old VP/Sales Manager was somewhat of a dumb-a**. They're still on my boycott list.

Basically, it can be done, but you really need to know what you're doing to do it with minimal risk, and you need to be sure the risk you're incurring is worth it. Sooner or later you will have to write a check for something you might have avoided because of the inks you're using, so make sure it's a net profit and not a net loss :)