• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know how to do this?

busypc

I'm trying to clean up and recreate this image (I've just put part of it)....Any ideas on how to do it in Illy, Flexi or Corel? I will be putting a black outline around the letters before the "extrude" lines. I've searched google and youtube and can't seem to find anything. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 132

HulkSmash

I'm trying to clean up and recreate this image (I've just put part of it)....Any ideas on how to do it in Illy, Flexi or Corel? I will be putting a black outline around the letters before the "extrude" lines. I've searched google and youtube and can't seem to find anything. Thanks for any help!

you can easily just do it with a pen tool. Just make a Point and make sure they all converge on the same point to keep it accurate.

Joe Diaz

You can use the extrude tool in Corel, then apply a thick yellow outline to that extrude. It looks like parts of that extrude aren't there though. So you will need to break it a part. Then delete what ever is not seen in the sample above.

John Butto

Like Colorado said, and Illustrator has a perspective tool that works well for that. Also the 3d tool has a perspective tool within it.

SignProPlus-Chip

The perspective lines in that image are all wonky.

For me, the quickest way would be to redraw it in AI. Original image on bottom layer, use a tight snap to grid and the pen tool on a layer above that. 20 minutes worth of work.

John Butto

Really, there's no need for that. Forget it.
There is a need for that. Everyone on here is a working person and they have taken the time to respond to your question. Then when you start asking questions after Signmaniac drew it out for you. You did not even take the time to try it. Nobody gets paid on here and a lot of people give good information, this is not a call center, 1.800.HELPME. Next time I will send my Leerjet and pick up Signmaniac and fly him to your place and have him hold your hand while he walks you through it.

busypc

The effect that signmaniac drew out is NOT what I'm looking for...so I simply asked a question. This forum was set up exactly for this reason.

Joe Diaz

Will that give me just the lines, not a solid shadow?

Yes. You can remove the fill from the extrude, then give it an outline.

To remove the fill select the extrude then left click no fill (white box with black X) from your color palette. Then if you right click the color you want from the palette it will apply that color to the extrude outlines. If you want to to adjust the thickness of the outline you would go to outline pen tool to do that. Then if you like what you see and you want to convert those outlines to vector shapes go to "Arrange -> Convert outlines to Objects" That should do the trick. :thumb: