• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone know how to turn off the anchor tool?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
You've selected the foating anchor nub. Just click on any of the nine anchor points (boxes) located next to the XY position windows. Once you click on any one of the boxes, your anchor will turn black an disappear from the selected item on the main screen.

Does this make sense?

Jim

gabagoo

James that doesnt seem to do anything. I keep looking through the menus but cant find anything pertaining to an anchor. I inadvertantly hit some hot keys and activated it and I find it distracting. I am running Signlab 8

astro8

You have to keep clicking on one of the nine boxes like a madman...I had the same problem only yesterday, couldn't get rid of the anchor. Only when I persistently kept clicking did it release the anchor.

James Burke

I'm also running SL 8 and here's what I'm talking about. You should be able to put the cursor on one of the nine boxes and click. The anchor will turn black. My SignLab easily shifts between the boxes and the anchor without any problem.

Jim

Attachments

• Nub.jpg
    Nub.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 180

gabagoo

oh up in the menu area, I thought you meant in the main working area.
I will try that first thing tomorrow

What is the purpose of the anchor and in what circumstance would I use it?

Thanks James

James Burke

This is a clip from the help menu. I always use the center nub.

Jim

Attachments

• Current_Nu.jpg
    Current_Nu.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 187