Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know of a colour pallet generator for Corel?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by signmeup, Dec 31, 2009.

1. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    I found a colour palette generator for photoshop that you upload a photo and it gives you a colour palette you can put into photoshop. I thought it would be nice to have one but I use Corel. Any one know where to find one for Corel?

Tags:
  2. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    You can find color palettes all over the internet for Corel.

Everything from vinyl manufacturers to specialty palettes . . .

3. signmeup

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    Yeah but I want to find one that lets me input a photo and generates the palette based on that.

4. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    I've never seen anything like that for Corel.

5. rfulford

rfulford Active Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Orlando
    I have not used corel in a long time but there used to be a VB script for generating color pallets included in corel. Version 9 had the most functionality as I recall and later versions lost a bit in my opinion. Look through your included VB scripts and see what you have. As I recall, you could choose a corel color pallet, specify a swatch size, page size and distance between swatches in version 9. The later versions of the script would only use letter size. Hope this helps.

6. signmeup

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    I found it! It's in Corel PhotoPaint. Not sure it makes a palette that will work in Draw but I would assume so. It makes palettes from objects or images. I'll have a go at it tomorrow. Don't have any more time today. Thanks for the posts.

There is also one in Corel Draw but in version 12 it doesn't do it from images.

7. signmeup

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    I did have time....It works to make a palette in Photopaint and open it in Draw.

8. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    I tried it with a Bitmap in draw and was unable to get it to work but it worked with vectors. I may be missing something with the bitmaps but not sure.

Ok got it to work in Photopaint very nice. I have to wonder as to why it won't work in Draw with a bitmap but it will in Paint.

9. signmeup

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    Wierd how software developers' minds work, isn't it?

10. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    Signmeup go to windows>color palettes>create palette from document!

Happy New Year