• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know of any quickie programs or tables to calculate material loss?

Like should I use the 54in material or the 30 in for a given job based on its size, which way should I cut the board down to minimize waste?....
Some better solution than just seeing whats already loaded on the machine...

like a 2x3 better on 54 or 30 inch or someone could just tell me that it doesn't matter because the loss comes out the same

I should probably just make a table of sizes for myself and then post it here

I feel kind of stupid asking these questions but its the morning, I've got a bunch of odd sized signs and its hard to think should I load the 54 roll or just do the 30

common sense isn't that common especially in the morning, but yeah that's a good way to do it...even print several combinations out to staple together

StarSign

Remember time is money, you can waste more time trying to figure out the most efficient way to cut or print something. The $2 you saved in material you blew in the hour you took trying to save it!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Why don't you make a spreadsheet?

Just type in the material width and the print dimensions and have it calculate the waste... should only take 10 - 15mins to write. and less than a minute to complete before printing.

Joe Arenella

Customer Care
Costing Sheets

Sign Tracker can help with that. Give me a call when you can, or shoot me an email.

Joe
512-554-7202

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Check if the software you have has an auto nesting tool.
Set the material size to the 53/30 and nest your layouts - see which one uses less running footage. Go with the smaller feet......

wayne k
guam usa