• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Anyone know what the name of this part is and where to buy for my Roland XC-540

Glenn Rogers

So I blew a transistor and a fuse and I think I found the source. The black dot you see in the photo is actually a burned out pin in the female connector that connects to the ribbon cable. So in other terms the picture is a photo of the board whereby the ribbon cables are running from the printheads to THIS board. I need to buy a new female connector to replace the one with the burned 2 pins. Anyone know where to buy or the part number?

I have the Roland Sol Jet XC-540

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 10.55.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 10.55.11 PM.png
    859.8 KB · Views: 261
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 11.09.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 11.09.36 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 251

E Coloney

Is that the PC board on top of the printer carriage? If yes, I bought one from sign-in-china.com a couple of years ago and had it work fine. I don't recall the price but it was US $~150 at the time. Piece of cake to change but be sure you have the ribbon cables to the print heads connected properly when you power up of POOF! and you'll have to buy a new one.

Glenn Rogers

Thanks so much. I found the part on the website: Im going to replace as well as the cables. I hope this is the problem
Original Roland XC-540 / XJ-640 / XJ-740 Print Carriage Board - W700311311

Glenn Rogers

Is that the PC board on top of the printer carriage? If yes, I bought one from sign-in-china.com a couple of years ago and had it work fine. I don't recall the price but it was US $~150 at the time. Piece of cake to change but be sure you have the ribbon cables to the print heads connected properly when you power up of POOF! and you'll have to buy a new one.
Hey bro! Do you mind if I give you a call? I wanted to ask you something about that board that only makes sense if I talk thru lol sorry but would 100% appreciate it

Jim Hill

I would try Digiprint Supplies out of Miami.

I have purchased heads and many other parts and everything worked perfectly every time.

Jim

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
We just took apart an xc540 for parts. I need to check but pretty sure I have that board. $25 and it's yours but I need to check on Monday if it's there at our shop

member: 80259"]So I blew a transistor and a fuse and I think I found the source. The black dot you see in the photo is actually a burned out pin in the female connector that connects to the ribbon cable. So in other terms the picture is a photo of the board whereby the ribbon cables are running from the printheads to THIS board. I need to buy a new female connector to replace the one with the burned 2 pins. Anyone know where to buy or the part number?

I have the Roland Sol Jet XC-540[/QUOTE]
I'm

netsol

So I blew a transistor and a fuse and I think I found the source. The black dot you see in the photo is actually a burned out pin in the female connector that connects to the ribbon cable. So in other terms the picture is a photo of the board whereby the ribbon cables are running from the printheads to THIS board. I need to buy a new female connector to replace the one with the burned 2 pins. Anyone know where to buy or the part number?

glenn
https://www.ebay.com/i/253006775741...MI5sjrufLH5gIVAp-fCh1s_wVPEAQYASABEgI_6_D_BwE

digikey.com if these are not an exact match

i will warn you, you will probably not have the soldering skill to replace it successfully

Glenn Rogers

We just took apart an xc540 for parts. I need to check but pretty sure I have that board. $25 and it's yours but I need to check on Monday if it's there at our shop

member: 80259"]So I blew a transistor and a fuse and I think I found the source. The black dot you see in the photo is actually a burned out pin in the female connector that connects to the ribbon cable. So in other terms the picture is a photo of the board whereby the ribbon cables are running from the printheads to THIS board. I need to buy a new female connector to replace the one with the burned 2 pins. Anyone know where to buy or the part number?

I'm[/QUOTE]
Hey, Would like to buy if it is. Text me if its the same part and Ill pay for it + shipping. 727 674-5465

Glenn Rogers