• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone out there a women owned business?

J

john1

I was wondering, If i have my wife as the owner of my business and me a employee, Is there any benefits over not being a women owned business?

A customer of mine has their painting company this way and said there are tax cuts and a few other advantages.

Thanks!

SD&F

The only benefits in my opinion would be that when you go for business(government), you would be able to file as woman owned and be looked at for contracts specifically for women owned businesses.

Letterbox Mike

We are. Lots of paperwork, probably not worth it honestly unless you're a lot bigger. You get some preferential bid opportunities but often they're pretty big jobs, many times we've been too small to take on some of the work. For us it's gotten us some contracts and some worth, but I can't say for sure I'd go through the paperwork and hurdles to set it up again, there are easier ways to get work... But if you're a bigger company not limited by size and can take on any opportunity it's probably more worth it.

J

john1

Thanks all, Looks like it's not worth it.

My one customer is a women owned business and said she gets a lot of government bids because they have what others don't. Some women owned business cert and all this. She said the last bid they won had a 2,000 page PDF of rules and regs to follow...

VitalSignsCC

We are a woman owned business and it has opened the doors to many government contracts! We made the decision to do this several years ago and it's kept our shop running through the tough economic times for the small businesses we used to deal with.

WestcoastSigns

There are grants out there if you are a woman owned business and there are some women associations that make borrowing money easier than it would be at a bank but these are usually in larger city centers.

It definitely doesn't hurt and you would have more chance of taking advantage of the opportunity when/if they come up. Depending on the opportunity, it has to be 100% woman owned or at least 51% woman owned.

Good luck!

binki

We are and a certified one at that. It works if you do biz with any government agency. Our primary customer for this type of biz is schools.

John Butto

If your married to an women who is a minority, it is a plus for getting city, county, state and federal government work.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If you go trans gender you could cover all the bases and still be the sole owner of the business (in case your wife is not cool with you wearing her stuff).......

wayne k
guam usa