• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone running an HP solvent TurboJet ?

RycckG

Hello all... I am interested in learning what I can about the HP Turbojet. I am specifically interested in the solvent version. Any reliability comments, or HP service pointers would be helpful.
Thanks,
Rycck

JWesthead

Speed is great. Quality can be great but also unacceptable. Reliablity, better know you can continue to feed it.

RycckG

Can you explain your comment about 'feedng it"? Are you indicating that it really needs to keep printing continuously?

RycckG

I would be looking at running the printer at fastest speed possible. We are looking at this as a backup to another printer we run. If that printer goes down, I'd need to run about 40,000 sqft a day over the TJ.. I really need to run at max speed with reliability. Have you found max speed to be usable quality or completely useless?

JWesthead

Meaning that a lot of issues I have seen and service needed comes from the printer not being used on a daily basis. Keeping 150 printheads dialed in perfectly to create smooth prints is difficult.

As far as being able to run max speed it would completely depend on what you are printing/viewing distance/material. Ive never even printed at the fastest speed but nothing we do would ever be acceptable.