• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone seen this before ?

Replicator

This is the start-up screen directly after a fresh install of windows 7 . . .

Anybody seen this screen before . . . Looks like a virus, but how could it be ?

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    599.5 KB · Views: 93

Tim Aucoin

Actually, it makes perfect sense. If you read the code, it is telling you that your computer is too old for Windows 7 and you should put XP back on before it explodes!! :ROFLMAO:

Pat Whatley

It looks a whole lot like what you'd get on the television screen when you pulled a Nintendo cartridge out before you turned the machine off.

Tim Aucoin

Before you try again on a different computer, I'm pretty sure you can go to Microsoft's website (while you're in XP), and download a little app that will check your computer to see if it is able to install Windows 7. Another FYI... after you install Windows 7, if your hardware is compatible, you can download a free app that let's you run a virtual Windows XP on Windows 7 if you were having issues running any older XP apps on 7. :thumb:

Replicator

It was indeed not compatible with Windows 7 . . . It was just too damn old and cheap ass !

A Compaq Presario 1650 or some crap like that . . . it has XP back on it and all is right with the planet once again.

The kid will be happy . . . !

Jack Knight1979

that's a driver related error. Or a motherboard hardware error.

Since it started with 7 I would think that there is a driver error for your chipset or another motherboard based firmware.