• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone that can helpfind and test fuses on sp-300v?

tomnln9

I have a sp300v that will not print yellow or magenta at all, I can only assume that I blew a fuse moving the ribbon cable while cleaning a clog in the yellow line.

ProWraps

im not by any means a tech, but as a programmer that uses a defined set of error checking processes, i would have to say that fuses are not the problem.

again, i am not a tech. but if the printer is functioning and is missing colors, i would have to say that its something other than fuses.

tomnln9

thanks pro wraps, but from what I have seen in the countless posts, links and websites, they all seem to point to me falling in to a common error of moving/removing the ribbon cable while the machine was either on or plugged in. If you have another direction to suggest I am all ears. Thanks.

inkmed

Did your printer head was new or had you clear them yet?
If it is not the problem of printer head, please check the data cable.This problem always caused by data cable.
Or the cap top, you will be lucky, if only the small parts wronge.
Good luck.
Adam
www.inkmed.cn

goinmxn

Same thing just happened to me and that is exactly how it happened. The thread below show locations and a way to test real quick if it is the fuse. I know not to monkey with the ribbons with the power on now! If you don't have fuses handy like me, I can show you a way to do it with some standard fuses to get you going quickly! Oh yeah the main board is on the back of the machine, just remove the cover panel on the left side (make sure to unplug power first!!)
Steve
http://signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56300&highlight=fuses

Don't know about the Roland but what we used to do on Canon's was to either solder a replaceable fuse holder or solder a breaker with the right amps in place so that if a dirty cable, drop of ink, mouse urine, etc. shorted out the fuse just reset the breaker.

GTSTech_1

Your fuses are located on the bottom right of the Mainboard. They are sillver with white caps on each end, flat mount type fuses (not glass tube). To test, take a volt meter using the ohms setting, or the setting that makes a beep sound when open circuit is detected. If the fuse test ok, then the problem would be either your print carraige board or the printhead.

My .02

The ProIII series has replaceable fuses...no need for a breaker to be installed. If you're blowing fuses there are definite issues that need to be addressed.