• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone traveling On the 4th of July?

njshorts

Closing down at 12 today, back in Tuesday... Phones/emails are being handled by sales over the long weekend as normal, but from various spots on St Pete/Clearwater Beach.

Have a fun/safe/explosive one!

SignosaurusRex

Not traveling anywhere. I try not to travel on holiday weekends if I can help it. On the 4th of July weekend I usually stick close to home and keep the dogs isolated from the noise. This year though the dogs will be elsewhere and family will be together watching the huge fireworks display over Seattle's Elliott Bay from a viewpoint overlooking the city. Unfortunately it is my sons hospital room.

showcase 66

Glamis is on my bucket list.

I havent been there in about 7 years. The last time we were supposed to be there 7 days but on the first day one of my buddies was hit by a quad while riding his motorcycle.

Want to go back soon. Someone had told me that they were going to cut the area in half sometime soon. To me this will only cause more problems.

kgirl

parade......BBQ.....pool.....dirty martini.....fireworks outdoors.....then fireworks indoors...!
have a good one everyone!...

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Interesting

According to the New York Times I'll be helping destroy the environment

Yes, grilling is very eco-unfriendly: On July 4 alone, Americans will burn enough energy "in the form of charcoal, lighter fluid, gas, and electricity to power 20,000 households for a year," says Stacy Irwin at Green Earth News. That spells trouble for the planet.
I don't suppose Stacy happen to tell the other side of the story... You know, the one that grilling outside saves on cooling costs inside....

I'm back...2624 miles of driving in 6 days. I did get about 38 mpg so I burned about 69 gallons of gas on the trip. Not a very green trip but it could have been worse. I usually get 32 mpg around town.

I got to visit with some of my classmates that I had not seen in 40 years. I had not been back to see relatives in 7 years. Although I did not get to see them all, I did get to visit a brother that I had lost contact with 7 years ago and a few of my aunts and uncles that were in their 80's. I also got to visit with my other brother and a my widowed sister-in-law and their families.

All in all, I think it was a very good trip. Now I need to relax a little and go back to work.

Si Allen

Yes, grilling is very eco-unfriendly: On July 4 alone, Americans will burn enough energy "in the form of charcoal, lighter fluid, gas, and electricity to power 20,000 households for a year," says Stacy Irwin at Green Earth News. That spells trouble for the planet.

I just love the way that the Greenies pull those numbers outta their butts ... and they expect us to believe it as facts that are chiseled in granite

:omg2:.