• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone tried hypnosis...?

transam

I went to hypnosis- you have to want to do it and be determined, if not, it will not work sucessfully. At first it seemed to work for me, but I ended up pushing the limits, smoked 1 or 2 the first night, and slowly drifted back over the next few days. The first thing i noticed was the smoke started to smell bad & the taste wasn't as desirable. Its important to follow the hypnosis directions in order to be sucessfull (obviously i didn't do that)

However, I was determined again to quit. Purchased the white cloud e-cig 57 days ago, haven't smoked a cig since.

I smoked 5 packs a day for 15 years.

The hynosis would have worked if I wernt stubborn.

Hope this helps :)

CheapVehicleWrap

It works, until you have a meltdown and your babymama trys to kill you then you smoke more than ever....just saying...or the US government floods your whole way of life out to save some fish....or to have some tourismn upstream....my eyes are starting to bleedd so this rant is OVER!!!

How's the vette?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
How does laser therapy work?
They mount a laser to your lighter so every time you try to light up you get hit in the eyes with a blinding beam that makes you forget about cigarettes for a few hours?

wayne k
guam usa

signmeup

They mount a laser to your lighter so every time you try to light up you get hit in the eyes with a blinding beam that makes you forget about cigarettes for a few hours?

wayne k
guam usa
People who smoke have a laser deficiency.

Richard G

I have been smoking for 45 years. 2 to 3 packs a day. 3 weeks ago I found the perfect way to quit. After 4 days in the hospital and a embolisum in my brain the doctors said quit or die. I said to myself.....hm this is a no brainer. I am on the patch now and since then I have to admit, I have had one and a half smokes. in 3 weeks. Each day it does get easier.

CheapVehicleWrap

wayne k
guam usa

Actually it blinds you so you can't find your cigs.

GoodPeopleFlags

I went to hypnosis- you have to want to do it and be determined, if not, it will not work sucessfully. At first it seemed to work for me, but I ended up pushing the limits, smoked 1 or 2 the first night, and slowly drifted back over the next few days. The first thing i noticed was the smoke started to smell bad & the taste wasn't as desirable. Its important to follow the hypnosis directions in order to be sucessfull (obviously i didn't do that)

However, I was determined again to quit. Purchased the white cloud e-cig 57 days ago, haven't smoked a cig since.

I smoked 5 packs a day for 15 years.

The hynosis would have worked if I wernt stubborn.

Hope this helps :)

5 packs a day for 15 years??? That's crazy! Congrats on quitting so far!!! You can do it!

I really do think hypnosis will work for me, and like a said before, I think that's a big part of it. Now - how to go about finding a hypnotist?

I'm going to check out that book you guys recommended, too. Never heard of it and it sounds like it's helped several of you!

Didn't smoke Sunday or yesterday, and still no cravings today (so far). Yea!

HulkSmash

5 packs a day for 15 years??? That's crazy! Congrats on quitting so far!!! You can do it!

I really do think hypnosis will work for me, and like a said before, I think that's a big part of it. Now - how to go about finding a hypnotist?

Why are you still asking. About 20 people have come on here and said it don't work. Hypnosis is silly, Maybe they'll let you talk to the dead too.

WrapperX

....Didn't smoke Sunday or yesterday, and still no cravings today (so far). Yea!

This shows that you don't need a hypnotist. This shows that you don't NEED to smoke - will the cravings come -probably. But if you just keep yourself busy the days will pass quickly.

When you think a craving starts to stir bring your attention to something else. Move to a different project or do something at that very moment that restimulates your mind to something different - think of your little girl every time you have a craving. Maybe try calling her and saying Hi everytime you get the urge to smoke. And most importantly - just don't give in to a weak minded craving. It's a sysnthetic urge that you have created over the time smoking as you have. Your body doesn't need it - you already know this. You don't need some crook to take your money and tell you something you already know. If you're looking to burn some money I'll PM you my home address and you can send ME the check. :thumb:

Cold turkey, for the win.

I never smoked but I dipped snuff -- which I've heard is more addictive -- 18 hours a day for ~ 20 years. I quit ~ 10 years ago.

If you *really* want to quit, you will quit.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I quit using the Niccorette Lozenge, they sit in the bottom of your lip like a chew almost. The last a long time so you dont have any cravings and I had tried alot of different things to quit and these worked the best. Good luck no matter what you do, hope your able to kick the habit.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I believe hypnosis *can* work but not for everyone. Even if it's nothing but a placebo effect, who cares as long as it helps?

That's the whole point..... you don't want something that helps temporarily...... you want something that ends your problem completely.

Going to a hypnotist is like taking novocaine for a bad tooth and not drilling or pulling it. You're only putting something off for a while. If all you wanna do is mask a problem, take all the nicotine patches and gum, the hypnotists and shocking programs and just make YOUR problem their problem so you can say the program failed and not you.

C'mon, stand up and be responsible for yourself. Only YOU can light up a cigarette and stick it in and out of your mouth a dozen or so times sucking on it and wheeze out the smoke. These other remedies are only there to make money in hopes you will be back.... because they already know for the vast majority.... they don't work.

You've already stated the best reasons to quit.... your kids and to be around them. Don't you wanna see them graduate or get married and play with the grandkids ?? I'm sure you don't have in mind your grandkids asking Grandma..... what was pop-pop like ??

Slowing down or just smoking at parties or on weekends is for pussies. If you wanna quit.... QUIT. Don't be wishy-washy or you'll talk yourself out of it again.

Set up a plan and a goal.

You want some help ?? :rock-n-roll:
Get a quart jar [empty] with a spin on/off lid. Fill it with cigarette ashes and butts about 3/4's of the way up. Add some water and screw the lid on tightly. Now...... after a day or two..... unscrew the lid and take a deep-deep breath and put the lid back on. See if you feel like lighting up ?? For the next few days... anytime you get the urge to light up.... smell that jar for 15 seconds and see if you still wanna light up. After 72 hours you're about 99% free of the drugs or nicotine in your system. Now you can begin the plan of breaking the habit, because you body will no longer be desiring or needing it..... it's fully your responsibility after this point. Stay out of places you usually found it easy to smoke for maybe two or three months. Get some stirrer sticks [mixed drinks] and use it as a device to put up to your mouth every so often and take a drag of just air. Remember, you have to break the habit of putting things in your mouth.

I'm still a believer that the routine inhaling and exhaling for two or three minutes was like deep breathing exercising, so a few times a day, do some deep breathing.... besides, it calms you down a little. After three months.... you are actually cured for good. The rest is on your constitution and how strong a will you have or not. Wanna see those grandkids in 20 years ?? :thumb:

Baz

The hardest thing for me wasn't the withdrawl it was the "habit" of lighting one up. Especially "once in the car" or "after a meal". But that takes time. The best thing is to stick with it.

• Don't buy any!
• Don't bum any!
• Don't think that it would be good to have one!
• Just having one here or there is not helping your cause at ALL!
• JUST QUIT THE DAMN THINGS!

It's as simple as that .........

WrapperX

Get a quart jar [empty] with a spin on/off lid. Fill it with cigarette ashes and butts about 3/4's of the way up. Add some water and screw the lid on tightly. Now...... after a day or two..... unscrew the lid and take a deep-deep breath and put the lid back on. See if you feel like lighting up ?? For the next few days... anytime you get the urge to light up.... smell that jar for 15 seconds and see if you still wanna light up. After 72 hours you're about 99% free of the drugs or nicotine in your system. Now you can begin the plan of breaking the habit, because you body will no longer be desiring or needing it..... it's fully your responsibility after this point. Stay out of places you usually found it easy to smoke for maybe two or three months. Get some stirrer sticks [mixed drinks] and use it as a device to put up to your mouth every so often and take a drag of just air. Remember, you have to break the habit of putting things in your mouth.

:omg2: We need to have a sick face emoticon for posts like this...BARF. The nastiest thing is a soggy smoke can. I've had the unfortunate experience of getting a wif of something of this nature and it was the most foul, the most disgusting order I have ever experienced.