• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone try out Affinity Designer for Windows

kheebl

Someone mentioned Affinity Designer a few months back and I decided to check out their site and today I got a email that the Beta version was just released for windows, So I downloaded it and played around a bit with it, It seems like a decent piece of software. Not sure if I can post the link to the Beta trial but I will if its allowed.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have it downloaded, but haven't installed it yet. Too many paying jobs currently to play around in potential software...

genericname

Yeah I've been playing around with Affinity Designer for a bit. What really blows me away, aside from the UI, is live masking that takes place with vectors as you modify them.

I tried my best to break it, and I couldn't find an issue with how it rendered anything I threw at it. It's going to take me a while to get used to how gradients work, but I'm impressed.

Of course Illustrator doesn't know what the hell to do with an Affinity file, but Affinity imports illustrator files without any issues.

Pippin Decals

Someone mentioned Affinity Designer a few months back and I decided to check out their site and today I got a email that the Beta version was just released for windows, So I downloaded it and played around a bit with it, It seems like a decent piece of software. Not sure if I can post the link to the Beta trial but I will if its allowed.

Here is the page with the download

https://affinity.serif.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21537-affinity-designer-on-windows-1504/

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I've downloaded, but I can't get it to run. Tried Run As Administrator... nothing.