Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Tweet?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Jet Fast Printing, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Jet Fast Printing

Jet Fast Printing Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Does anyone tweet here? Went to go to twitter today and got redirected to a "Survey" by "Twitter". With spelling errors, can tell it was not an official twitter page? Anyone else get that? Checked my spelling, went to the right page.......

odd.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Merritt Big Color

Merritt Big Color Merchant Member

Just logged on.. Looks same as always.

Attached Files:

3. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    if you mean the missing c in "search"... I think the word "typo" was coined to distinguish between "spelling errors" made by someone who can't spell and those due to a missed keystroke...

not that proofing ones work isn't still the mark of a professional.. but can't win 'em all...

4. "Deposit Please"

"Deposit Please" Active Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Illinois
    No, sorry... i think teeting is a waste of time. I'm even thinking about unfriending myself from facebook

5. Jet Fast Printing

Jet Fast Printing Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Just found it odd that I was redirected to directgiveaway dot com.

6. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    well, why didn't you say so?

social media is full of links... that's the point... but we need to be mindful of where we go, and who says what, and what we trust...

I'm sure Twitter themselves would harness the power of social media to acquire information... but not just anyone flaunting the bluebird will actually be twitter...

your screenshot looks to be within the twitter site... where (or when) did you get the redirect?

7. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    OP probably misspelled twitter.com and directigveaway.com bought the misspelled domain. Pretty common tactic.

Twitter is only a waste of time if you don't like having direct access to professionals in your field or feedback from clients, don't care about making sure your marketing is targeting zeitgeist effectively, don't understand how to leverage search/hashtags, don't understand traffic funnels. Looking at it like a "social network" in the vein of Facebook is missing the point entirely. End derail.

8. saktrnch

saktrnch Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Mine came up alright.

9. Jet Fast Printing

Jet Fast Printing Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I didn't misspell it, that's why I found it so odd. Went there from a bookmark. Did a scan on my laptop for spyware and any nasty things, got nothing. It's never happened again. It's not the first (or I'm sure the last) time the twitter page got hacked with a redirect or a denial of service attack.