• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Tweet?

Does anyone tweet here? Went to go to twitter today and got redirected to a "Survey" by "Twitter". With spelling errors, can tell it was not an official twitter page? Anyone else get that? Checked my spelling, went to the right page.......

odd.

Attachments

• twitter.jpg
    twitter.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 110

iSign

if you mean the missing c in "search"... I think the word "typo" was coined to distinguish between "spelling errors" made by someone who can't spell and those due to a missed keystroke...

not that proofing ones work isn't still the mark of a professional.. but can't win 'em all...

iSign

Just found it odd that I was redirected to directgiveaway dot com.

well, why didn't you say so?

social media is full of links... that's the point... but we need to be mindful of where we go, and who says what, and what we trust...

I'm sure Twitter themselves would harness the power of social media to acquire information... but not just anyone flaunting the bluebird will actually be twitter...

your screenshot looks to be within the twitter site... where (or when) did you get the redirect?

signswi

OP probably misspelled twitter.com and directigveaway.com bought the misspelled domain. Pretty common tactic.

Twitter is only a waste of time if you don't like having direct access to professionals in your field or feedback from clients, don't care about making sure your marketing is targeting zeitgeist effectively, don't understand how to leverage search/hashtags, don't understand traffic funnels. Looking at it like a "social network" in the vein of Facebook is missing the point entirely. End derail.

I didn't misspell it, that's why I found it so odd. Went there from a bookmark. Did a scan on my laptop for spyware and any nasty things, got nothing. It's never happened again. It's not the first (or I'm sure the last) time the twitter page got hacked with a redirect or a denial of service attack.