• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone use Paint Shop Pro?

J

john1

Hey guys, Checking out Paint Shop Pro from Corel since i am liking their Corel Draw program for vector work.

Anyone know if there is a way to design in CMYK mode in PSP? I downloaded the newest version's trial to try it before i bought it but can't figure this out. Most of my work is done in vector but cards i'd like to do in PSP.

Thanks!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Mine (10.1) says to do this:
To define a color working space and CMYK profile
1. Close any open images.
2. Choose File Color Management Color Working Space.
The Color Working Space dialog box appears.
The recommended working space for Corel Paint Shop Pro is sRGB.
3. In the Color Working Space drop-list, choose a color space.
4. In the CMYK Profile drop-list, choose a profile to be used for the CMYK-related operations in the application.
The drop-list includes the default CMYK profile and any profiles that you have added.
5. Click OK.

When I do that I don't get any options to choose a CMYK workspace -so either the app or the end user is broke.

wayne k
guam usa

TheSnowman

I can't really help you with that, but I can tell you, I bought Paint Shop Pro 7 YEARS and YEARS ago, but I still install it on every new Windows machine I buy. It loads way quicker, and I use it for basic editing for the quickness of it if nothing else.

OldPaint

we was using the trial version and i bought a ne epson 1430 printer and it came with PHOTO-SHOP ELEMENTS 9. so we are seein how that works.

J

john1

Not being able to design anything in CMYK is a turn off. Guess expensive Photoshop has designers by the balls.

J Hill Designs

Not being able to design anything in CMYK is a turn off. Guess expensive Photoshop has designers by the balls.

hmm photopaint == photoshop for the most part...heres the doc setup that clearly shows cmyk etc

Attachments

• photopaint.jpg
    photopaint.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 70
J

john1

Thanks, I wasn't aware it was in the corel draw suite.

Thank you

royster13

I spend way more on coffee and beer than I do for my Adobe products.....And all they do is make me money, unlike coffee and beer that gives me gas....

OldPaint

so far from what iam seeing with ADOBE ELEMENTS 9...it sucks!!! slower then dog schit, it tells me i need to update to somekinda adobe browser, so i set to install it, goes thru tge motions 10 minutes worth, only to tell me it didnt install properly try to reinstall. did that 3 TIMES...still not installed. went to update in the program did same crap, only to tell me the program update didnt install try later.... my COREL PHOTOPAINT works..........

J

john1

Wow, loving corel draw AND photo paint. Photo paint is pretty much photoshop at a fraction of the cost and it opens PSD's and everything.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
PhotoPaint is a very good value considering it is included in the price for Draw.
It does very well generating layouts or importing from Draw.
Where it can crash and burn is when dealing with imported artwork from the Adobe side of things.
Rasterizing AI files is hit or miss with miss being more likely the result.
PSDs can come in with layers and or effects lost - sometimes without a warning box letting you know.
PhotoPaint (X5) chokes on PS files in the 1 gig range for me - running a 9gig 64bit win7 system.
If you primarily build your own it is a good option - if you have to work with clients native files I'd do the subscription thing until you can buy your own copy of PS & AI.

wayne k
guam usa