• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone use Ultraflex Ultravision? Suggestion on 36-39in Window Perf?

bannertime

Most of my window perf is for building doors and rear truck windows. I'm tired of printing these jobs on 54" or 60" rolls of perf. Too much waste but not enough to fit another job. Looking for a roll of 3' perf that is ≤ $1 sqft. (So, not the 3M 8170 series.) I've found the Ultraflex Ultravision but have seen only one comment mentioning it here. I was hoping someone could shed some light on it or suggest something similar.

Other brands seem to only have 27" and 30" which will work for truck windows, but not 30.5" glass on doors. Cutting a roll of 60" down to 36" and 24" doesn't do me any good either, unless I can sell the 24in rolls to someone else!

Dan360

We use the 54" as our main storefront window perf. Haven't had any problems except that if we leave it loaded in our printer overnight and it goes to sleep, it will crash into it when it wakes back up. Also the backing can kind of separate a tad if you're printing on latex, but that hasn't caused me any problems. Still laminates just fine if that happens.

We did our windows over 3 years ago and they're still holding up with no signs of failing, no laminate. I didn't even edge seal it.

I tend to stay away from ultraflexx but haven't had issues with the perf.

bannertime

We use the 54" as our main storefront window perf. Haven't had any problems except that if we leave it loaded in our printer overnight and it goes to sleep, it will crash into it when it wakes back up. Also the backing can kind of separate a tad if you're printing on latex, but that hasn't caused me any problems. Still laminates just fine if that happens.

We did our windows over 3 years ago and they're still holding up with no signs of failing, no laminate. I didn't even edge seal it.

I tend to stay away from ultraflexx but haven't had issues with the perf.

Good to know! We will be printing on it with latex. What temp are you running at? I watch over perf prints like my life depends on it until I get it on the take up system and try not to leave those prints over night anyway.

Dan360

I used to run it at 196 at 8 passes, but I've found the image looks a lot better with more ink and passes, so I run it with the HP One-View Window Perf preset. Might need some fine tuning but it's been giving me good results.

bannertime

Interesting. I believe we're at 218 and 10 or 12. Do you still get that separation? Is it just little "bubbles" throughout the media or only on the edges?

Dan360

I think the separation started when I switched presets to the higher temp. It's kind of like little tunnels every so often, mostly by the edges, but they're very small and haven't caused any problems so I haven't tried to work it out. I'm sure a lower temp would fix that if it becomes an issue.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Most of my window perf is for building doors and rear truck windows. I'm tired of printing these jobs on 54" or 60" rolls of perf. Too much waste but not enough to fit another job. Looking for a roll of 3' perf that is ≤ $1 sqft. (So, not the 3M 8170 series.) I've found the Ultraflex Ultravision but have seen only one comment mentioning it here. I was hoping someone could shed some light on it or suggest something similar.

Other brands seem to only have 27" and 30" which will work for truck windows, but not 30.5" glass on doors. Cutting a roll of 60" down to 36" and 24" doesn't do me any good either, unless I can sell the 24in rolls to someone else!

I do 39"x164' rolls for only $354 if you are interested, how much does the Ultraflexx run?

shoresigns

We've been using Ultraflex perf for several years here with no issues that I can recall. It's 60/40 and calendered, so good for buildings but not vehicles.

Grimco Canada stocks it in 39", but we use 54" here.