• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone use Western Union for payments before?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In addition to what I said earlier..... I would be very careful about accepting this check based upon one reason. If it's the correct amount.... go for it. If he sends an amount that is not what you are asking, I'd just throw it away.

• Can you find out whether this guy is a legit business ??
  • Is he local or calling from some place out of town.... out of the county or even state ??

J

john1

In addition to what I said earlier..... I would be very careful about accepting this check based upon one reason. If it's the correct amount.... go for it. If he sends an amount that is not what you are asking, I'd just throw it away.

• Can you find out whether this guy is a legit business ??
  • Is he local or calling from some place out of town.... out of the county or even state ??

The guys a legit business, Looked it up on my state DOT site and hes listed, googled his business name and telephone number and it's listed in google, yahoo, manta, hotfrog and is listed on the business name directory for MD

cajun312

I'm not sure how WU works but I wonder if the guy is paying his drivers with WU to avoid taxes and workmans comp.

jiarby

If it is a scam the money is supposed to be going OUT... not coming IN. When he goes to the WU office they will give him CASH. Good luck getting THAT back

The Equipment Guy

don't do anything until you have the $800 cash in hand!

Thats the key point, The Western Union scam is a simple one, they can elect to have an email notification that your money is there, then they conveniently miss spell your name, which will make WU absolutely refuse to forward the cash until the miss spelling is cleared up. They head back to the Western Union office and get the funds reversed while they are "straightening out" the name. Then you never hear from them again.

So, in your case, I assume you will get the money first, then deliver the goods and all will be fine.

Just letting you know my experience.

Craig

Mosh

I have customers who pre-pay me and then I have to send the shipping company a payment Western Union. They never seam to come get the banners though. I guess they are getting the money alright, but I have like 5,000 Church of Christ banners laying around now.....

BobM

Perhaps because he's a big Western User he has an account that costs him the same 2% or 3% companies pay for credit card use??????????????????